And the prize for the worst site visited goes to... (1 Viewer)

squirrel

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 years
Billing Aquadrome total bad experience

We stayed at Billing Aquadrome - never again. Had external TV cables stolen off van and sundry other items not nailed down. Most annoying of all, took my eyes off my brand new bike just for a couple of seconds and it disappeared.... people on neighbouring pitches who were facing oiur pitch had seen 'nothing' of course. It happended to quickly that whoever took it couldn't have had time to get away, so it must have bee hidden close by. Park security came along, but absolutely ineffectual. As you say, place is a tip, very run down. Avoid at all costs!

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I also meant to say that when we were there, there did seem to be a lot of van drivers, driving up and down, so if they were nicking bikes, etc all they had to do was open the doors and chuck them in. Not making any assumptions of course.

Regards
Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Was it white vans??? not taxed or insured and looked like it has never been mot'd and washed???? was the driver 12yrs old?

Got to be a Itinerant then!! :winky:

For those of you that has been to cornwall you will see veg n stuff for sale at the end of people's driveways and bikes, sheds or houses not locked...................well as soon as the Itinerant's hit the A30 into Cornwall then the smoke signals start informing everyone so that we can secure everything...................anything that ain't welded down gets nicked. :Angry:

They just can't keep their sticky fingers off anything.............they flytip their crap..............do substandard work (when they actually do work) steal caravans by the shedload as well as 4x4's...........but yet the Cornish police do nothing about it because they are scared of them!!

They shouldn't be left to terrorize communities.................ship em back to Ireland I say!!!!

They are a law onto themselves and have no room in our society for the scrotebags :Angry:

Rant over:winky:

Boo

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
We spent a w/e there last Nov with the funsters .. great weekend but we would never go back to Billing ..

The RV next to us (sorry forgot your names) had two bikes stolen, and the guy on the other side had his sat dish and tripod stolen ..

I would rather camp (and feel safer) in the middle of Beirut.. it's that bad.. :Sad:

Jim
Totally agree with all thats been said avoid this site like the plague, if we hadn't been there with funsters we would not have stayed there, its the worse one we have been too thus far, it was Lyndon who had the bikes stolen, and you would indeed be safer in beirut at least you would know where the trouble was coming from::bigsmile:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
...........but yet the Cornish police do nothing about it because they are scared of them!!

Have you really ever seen a Cornish Policeman - I thought they were an extinct species - or at least as rare as the Cornish "Chough"

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Oh! I am glad to be a wildcamper.

I have only ever been to 2 campsites and I did not like it. Are many site like this one?

Doug...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Oh! I am glad to be a wildcamper.

I have only ever been to 2 campsites and I did not like it. Are many site like this one?

Doug...

Hi Doug

The vast majority of sites, more than 99% are well run and nothing like Billing.. to be frank, it's not a camp site.. it's a static holiday park for Itinerants with rich pickings to be had.

I love wildcamping too but it's not a viable fulltime option in the UK, especially with an RV and family .. next best thing is a CL .. a field with water and dumping and I'm happy .. an EHU is a bonus but could get by without..
Abroad, it's Aires and wild camping .. :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Surrounded by Irish tinkers

As we say here .
Well it takes one to know one at least you were among your type: Angry:

Aido, may I draw your attention to the following thread.

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back