And the driver of the year goes to (1 Viewer)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1LGKieTxY"]Hazmat Highway to Hell with High Pressure Gas Cylinders (No Music) - YouTube[/ame]

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Dont panic!! It's the new GASFLO system being demonstrated! :Smile::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Holy cow and all those cylinders were closed like we are told to travel!!

I have always thought they must be a bit safer if open, albeit more likely to fuel a fire that is started but at least there is a bit less pressure

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
And the driver of the year goes to the clown in the silver car on the left.....why did he stop, where did he think he was going to go when he did stop.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
And the driver of the year goes to the clown in the silver car on the left.....why did he stop, where did he think he was going to go when he did stop.

He stopped to help get the driver clear, by which time it was too late to retrieve the car.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I think he's the one running round with the phone.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I think he's the one running round with the phone.

Yes, that's him. I have seen this footage taken from a different angle. The driver gets out, (of the truck), but collapses by the central reservation. The car driver gets him over it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
He stopped to help get the driver clear, by which time it was too late to retrieve the car.

sorry, i just re-ran the clip a few times and at no point was the car driver visible.
The only person in the clip ran across the carraigeway and away from the fire and was probably the same guy on the phone, running along the armco barrier a little later.

The driver had plenty of time to reverse as the second camera angle showed the car maybe 30ft away from the fire.

He put himself/herself in more danger by leaving the car regardless of why.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
sorry, i just re-ran the clip a few times and at no point was the car driver visible.
The only person in the clip ran across the carraigeway and away from the fire and was probably the same guy on the phone, running along the armco barrier a little later.

The driver had plenty of time to reverse as the second camera angle showed the car maybe 30ft away from the fire.

He put himself/herself in more danger by leaving the car regardless of why.

I have seen this from another angle, from the hundreds of 'Russian Crash Videos' on YouTube. Trying to find it now.
The truck driver jumps from the cab, and ends up near the centre reservation. The car driver jumps over the reservation, runs forwards, hops over again to help the driver, then runs back with his phone.
Anyway, you cant sus Russian mentality.......:Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes, that's him. I have seen this footage taken from a different angle. The driver gets out, (of the truck), but collapses by the central reservation. The car driver gets him over it.

and i just watched it from this angle........

At 46 seconds the guy jumps out his car with absolute horror on his face and runs back the way he came like a headless chicken....at no point did he go help the driver or anyone else.

Scroll down to and Watch the first video at 46 seconds.

In the op's clip the truck driver can be seen crossing the carraigways and jumping the barrier....then he can be seen walking towards the cameras on the meridian.

Tootles...if i ever need a private detective, you wont be on the shortlist. :roflmto:

<Broken link removed>

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back