Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
So we are up, showered and ready to go.
Today we collect our first MH- Baileys Autograph 745. By teatime I hope we’ll be parked up on our first mission impossible in deepest Lincolnshire. Get straight in there I say! The hallway is rammed with stuff that will probably live permanently in the van along with food for a month, instead of the three days worth we need.....
So I need a checklist methinks:
Marty
Gilly
Pup (Oscar)
Food
Pots n pans
Enough alcohol to open a pub
Half a ton of doggy entertainment devices
Spare everything
Guitar (Gilly is learning so stay well clear of us)
Sufficient Techno gadgets to require a new Lincolnshire power station to come online by bedtime.
Three piece suite
Cuddly toy (true)
Kitchen sink
Butler, chef and chambermaid outfits
Bravery medal for attempting 200 miles on day one.
Lucky mascot
Map covering the whole of Europe in case I get lost between West Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
Tea
Book on motorhoming - should probably have already done that bit.

Right, that’s the lot. I’ll update this later on today as the drama unfolds. Or Gilly might as I may be too stressed!

And so it begins........

Marty

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Enjoy your day, and as Jim said make sure they don’t rush the handover if anything record it on your phone so you can refer back to it later when you forget how to do something, and you will if it’s your first Motorhome (y)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
How exciting!!

Ask questions followed by more questions and make sure they show you where things really are and how they work.

Have a great first trip and enjoy

OP
OP
Marty Gilly and Pup
Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
So......... Here we are on day two. Picked up the MH a bit late due to issues beyond my control so arrived at first ever pitch up in the dark! Hmmm not my finest hour. Leisure battery hardly charged but no mind as hook up is easy least. All going well so far....

Water - funny stuff innit?
1 pipe burst from fitting, leaving me looking like I didn’t get to the Thetford in time- more of that later...
2 water starts to fill the large tanky thing under the floor
3 slow going but filled up.
4 water level down to half all of a sudden??? Blooming Alde valve doodah is open depositing my hard won H2O back on the ground.
5 water won’t drain out of sink - fixed that eventually.

Arrggghhh (Think I spelled that right)

Apart from a catalogue of similar disasters which I’m sure most newbies undergo, we did manage to create a bar and tested it till 2am. It seems to be the only thing that we got 100% correct.

The pup is very confused. His home has shrunk to a fraction of its previous size. He is too small to jump on the bed for his morning cuddles so he is well miffed.

Apparently these toilet wotsits use all manner of coloured chemicals with more water involved in some complex formula reminiscent of O level science experiments. I’ll give Stephen Hawkins a ring this aft to see if he can help me with it.

The shopping list/to do list is on its second page now and ensures any retirement ambitions are now put back to 2027 or so.....

More disasters and calamities tomorrow maybe depending on how well the new personal mini pub initiative goes later.......

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
This looks like being a great adventure for you all, great read, can’t wait for more chapters. Very best of luck.
Ps, don’t forget the Boss lives at Sutton-on-sea if your that way.:LOL:
Ray

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Congrats and enjoy your trip, don’t forget the bog roll will you or news paper cut into squares will have to suffice.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Marty Gilly and Pup
Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Day 3 and fewer disasters so far!
After a two day search resembling Indiana Jones, I have ventured into the unknown nether regions and located the rare and lesser spotted gas manifold hiding under the cooker.
Have also discovered we have no tv aerial but a strange external satellite connection thingy. Tried fastening a dish to it but decided it will be of more use for the soup this evening. Fortuitously I have packed the tv aerial from home so The Voice was not missed by Gilly. I missed it (not a worry) as I was playing hunt the usb, fixing the bathroom light, further aquatics and seat, cushion and table Krypton Factor.

Managed the “full english” this morning to test the full range of culinary paraphernalia. All functioned well other than the black pudding purchasing gene which I obviously don’t possess.

Another long walk has knackered the dog so much he can’t face his pigs ear. Poor mite is only 8 inches at the shoulder so three and a bit miles through muddy paths and fields is like a marathon for him.

Who has found a reasonable yet functional drinks holder for a Peugeot or fiat cab? Amazing any fairly new vehicle doesn’t have as standard! Seen a few online but a bit pricey. Looking for one for a couple of groats.....

From Yorkshire - can you tell......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back