And I thought France was a long way ! (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hope these picture work but these guys are setting off to China from France ,it will take until September . They have two back up pickups (for the Hymers only joking). There was one English couple and non of them where spring chickens . I have nothing but respect for all of them what an adventure.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 41
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
They're in for the trip of a lifetime I did London to Beijing on a motorbike 5 years ago. Took me three n half months 16000 miles went through Tibet and made it to Everest base camp.
Life changing experience.:)

RUN FOREST,RUN,,,, Hehe. X

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Looks like you've relaxed into the trip now Howard. How is it going? Any problems with fuel?

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
:):):):):):)
Looks like you've relaxed into the trip now Howard. How is it going? Any problems with fuel?
Yes we feel like old hands at the job now don't know why I was worried. We are down in Cheverny now and had no problems with fuel all garages seem to be open and no shortage of diesel , we are moving on to Saint emilion tomorrow and hopefully won't have any fuel problems down there either .

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
View attachment 109815 View attachment 109816 Hope these picture work but these guys are setting off to China from France ,it will take until September . They have two back up pickups (for the Hymers only joking). There was one English couple and non of them where spring chickens . I have nothing but respect for all of them what an adventure.View attachment 109815
This is an every year trip. There is also a South America trip too. Vans go ahead and owners fly out later but did speak to one couple who did the trip but sold their van after as the suspension was shot. Obviously not good roads there !!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
They're taking the Northern route according to the map which is the easier route and should be easily doable without 4x4.
I took the Southern route which is a bit harder and you would definitely need 4x4 but made no difference on a decent adventure bike.
Fantastic journey whichever route you take, I'd quite fancy that route in the van myself.:)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
This is an every year trip. There is also a South America trip too. Vans go ahead and owners fly out later but did speak to one couple who did the trip but sold their van after as the suspension was shot. Obviously not good roads there !!
I saw several European reg. vans in Patagonia in December/January including a converted Land Rover, with an elderly French couple intending to do the whole of S/America in a year, and a Kiwi coupe in a converted Toyota Land Cruiser. Others were much bigger, like this German one in Ushuaia, planning to do both South & North America. I suspect his suspension will survive!
P1040768.JPG

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The depressing thing is the other long routes, the ones perhaps more easily accessible, through Syria, Iran and Afghanistan are now more or less closed. I suspect I won't see a change before I go to the great aire in the sky. :unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back