and here comes the next question........ :-) (1 Viewer)

Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
My water tank has water in it, I suppose thats a good place for it :)

Its somewhat frozen but I have an electric thermostatically controlled heater in the campervan now and left the lid of the tank to thaw it out. Seems like I bought it of an idiot!

Anyhow... reading through the manual it seems the only way to empty the tank is to run the pump and empty it through the taps. Should there not be a drainer on the fresh water tank?? or do I just run it through the taps and empty the waste water tanks?

More questions coming :Smile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Don't know what van you have but I recently discovered I had a drain for the fresh water tank under the van. A small plastic pipe 10/15ml diameter from memory running from the tank with an inline valve with a thumb turn on it.

You should also open all taps to to the midway position to drain down all hot and cold water in the system and lay the shower hose on the floor at it's lowest point to get all water out, you could even try blowing down the taps.

The hot water tank should have a drain valve in the pipework in close proximity and, depending on its' age, it may be an automatic valve that opens below about 5 celcius. I'm sure you'll get some more answers on this tomorrow :thumb:

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
We would love to know what 'van you have-----there will be another like it on the forum I am sure---------they will then be able to tell you what they do :thumb:
Nigel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back