Oct 11, 2012
NORTHUMBERLAND
Funster No
MH
Not yet
Exp
Hi,

We are Glenn & Chris

I've been lurking here for some time enjoying the chat and practical information that flows through the site.

We started (car) camping over 30 years ago, travelling to France, Switzerland & Italy as well as the UK. We then moved to a caravan for a good few years, but found we mainly stayed on the same site with a 'seasonal' pitch. Got rid of caravan around 5 years ago (became a chore 'forcing' a teenage daughter down to the van). Since then we only do the odd few Motorcycle camping weekends each year.

We have always talked about the day we would get a motorhome, but the sheer cost has always frightened us from the commitment. Just can't see us getting the time to make good use of a van at the moment, but worry that by time retirement kicks in, well be too knackered or broke to enjoy.

But, we still dream, and last year we visited the NEC show and saw a great variety of options. My current preference is for a panel Van conversion along the lines of the Vantage Sol, or Devon Aztec, but think Chris would be happier with a low profile compact coachbuilt.

As we start to consider things more seriously, I want to start asking this group some questions, so, I signed up and will be asking shortly.

Thanks for all the info I've already received from you all.

Glenn (and Chris)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhome fun, make use of the forum, you never know you may get your dream quicker than you think. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome

We too have a teenage daughter who fortunately like the van, you will be amazed at the use you can get from a MH that you couldn't from a caravan. We use ours for day trips and the odd one night here and there as work and family commitments make it difficult to get away all the time.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and welcome:welcomefunster:

Bill & Magaret (south of Scotland)::bigsmile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi and welcome from your neighbours just over the border in Berwickshire

:welcomefunster:

Kath and Howie

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi there and welcome,:welcomefunster:

we are just down the coast in Sunny Sooth Shields....

Feel free to ask any questions , you will get answers along with playful abuse in equal measure....:thumb:

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
K

Knnelg

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
NORTHUMBERLAND
Funster No
MH
Not yet
Exp
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome.

Callum, I'm originally from shields myself. Still visit my mother (near 'the nook') several times a week. Now living just over the border in Cramlington.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back