Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Cl Dethleffs Globevan
Exp
since 2001
Read this in the blackpool gazette you can post comments at the bottom of the page

Link Removed

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Why pay to go to a Motorhome show when there's so many on free view in Blackpool:roflmto::roflmto:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You can understand why folk get fed up though, 50-70 homes on wheels parked for the weekend on maybe your road for the nice sea view, and that is just proof that councils need to address the situation with maybe 'aire' type parking with a charge, rather than ban them altogether.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rwhites1

rwhites1

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Cl Dethleffs Globevan
Exp
since 2001
Got this back off feature writer of blackpool gazette

I think it was a fairly balanced piece, Bob - and there were more motor homes/camper vans than cars on Saturday ... we've made the point that they spend money locally and should be able to use the area under the wall. It's one reason i took pains to quote Lilian and Don and be very specific with the councillors relating to the area where such vehicles are banned. However, why not write me about 450 words on the subject, from the perspective of a motorhome owner, that I can use as a follow up next Wednesday. It gives you a chance to expand on the issue.
cheers, jacq

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Is it the fact that people park there in a parking place ?is it motorhomes that annoy people but cars parked are ok.If the vans were not allowed would this then be empty or full of cars.The fact this is a holiday place must tell you if you go to live there you are going to get a lot of tourists.If you go and live next to an airport you have to expect planes:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In Praise of Motorhomes ..

Published on Wednesday 12 October 2011 11:08

By Robert Whiteside, of Mirfield, West Yorkshire

As a motorhomer and former Sandgrownun, I would like to put over my view about parking on Princes Way, Anchorsholme.

Most of us are retired and enjoy coming to Anchorsholme for the sea view, Cleveleys and Blackpool and spending in local shops.

Why force motorhomers to go somewhere else and spend their money? Cleveleys has a few empty shops and its share of charity shops.

Why don’t Blackpool Council become one of the first in the UK to create a dedicated area as in France, where there are facilities in every village? All we need is a fresh water tap and a waste disposal point and a tap just for the waste point.

Read More Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
There is a public toilet and showers at Anchorsholme... I tried to park there the other week but couldn't because of all of the cars in between the nice motorhomes:Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
well done rwhites1 for your piece in the local rag, now no doubt there will be replies from the local house owners and the council. I wonder if Blackpool councilors really will take matters on board and do something that is motorhome friendly in Blackpool

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back