Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Thought I would just introduce myself. Was a tugger for years when the kids were younger, but always fancied a motorhome. Took the plunge about 5 years ago with a coachbuilt but, as seems often to be the case, when we used it a few times, we realised the layout didn't suit, so on to next van - another coachbuilt that had a lot of problems - put up with it for a year and traded for a van conversion, which was great to drive but terribly cramped - so much so that "the boss" started hankering after a caravan again:Sad:.
We've been looking for over a year for the perfect van and finally found it a few weeks ago :thumb: - a Hymer A-class with great living, cooking and bathroom arrangement. Priorities were that the van didn't have a fixed rear bed taking up all the room, had occasional sleeping for a third person, belts to accommodate at least 3 and preferably 4 people and the all-important A-class arrangement where the bed, when in use, doesn't prevent use of all the other facilities.
Will probably have some issues - inevitable with a 7 year old vehicle, but we think we have found "the one".
So, new van, new forum, but definitely not a newbie to the motorhoming game. Look forward to learning from others here, and perhaps offering some advice I have picked up over the years. Don't be shy, keep in touch.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
:welcome:

and congrats on choosing a Hymer! 7 years old, issues? It's nearly new!!:Smile:
We bought ours (Dethleffs, same as Hymer) at 21 years old and would be most annoyed if we'd had issues!!

:france:Peter & Caroline

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi and Big WELCOME from down south (I.o.W.) we had Pilote A class 6 mtr best m/h weve ever had, similar layout to hymer . Terry:thumb:

OP
OP
Technophobe

Technophobe

Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Well, what a friendly bunch. Thanks so much for your welcome!

Really liking the van so far, although torrential rain and other demands have prevented me from doing much with it yet. Hope to begin kitting it out at the weekend in anticipation of a couple of short "pre-summer" test trips.

Jon

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello from us fellow West Yorkshire'rs too. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Technophobe

Technophobe

Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
And not too far from us either Ralph & Bev. We are in Pontefract!

dug

May 28, 2011
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
ducato maxi tdi 24'
Exp
Welcome ::bigsmile:

::bigsmile:Hi and welcome to Funsters,always something to read on here and lots of advice if you need it.Happy Touring ..:thumb:

Fishman

Free Member
Apr 16, 2010
Stockport,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyanne 630LB
Exp
since April 2009
If the van fits make dont matter

:thumb:Hi and welcome i know you'll enjoy your van i'm on my second hymer first was a 544 with pullman dinette now i have a 524 with transverse bunks my good lady's prefference and mine! so she tells me:ROFLMAO:happy journeys

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back