An Irish man in Paris (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Murphy, a furniture dealer from Dublin, decided to expand the line of furniture in his store, so he decided to go to Paris to see what he could find.

After arriving in Paris, he visited with some manufacturers and selected a line that he thought would sell well back home. To celebrate the new acquisition, he decided to visit a small bistro and have a glass of wine.

As he sat enjoying his wine, he noticed that the small place was quite crowded, and that the other chair at his table was the only vacant seat in the house.

Before long, a very beautiful young Parisian girl came to his table,

asked him something in French (which Murphy could not understand), so he motioned to the vacant chair and invited her to sit down.

He tried to speak to her in English, but she did not speak his language. After a couple of minutes of trying to communicate with her, he took a napkin and drew a picture of a wine glass

and showed it to her. She nodded, so he ordered a glass of wine for her.

After sitting together at the table for a while, he took another napkin, and drew a picture of a plate with food on it, and she nodded. They left the bistro and found a quiet cafe that featured a small group playing romantic music.

They ordered dinner, after which he took another napkin and drew a picture of a couple dancing.

She nodded, and they got up to dance. They danced until the cafe closed and the band was packing up.

Back at their table, the young lady took a napkin and drew a picture of a four-poster bed.

To this day, Murphy has no idea how she figured out he was in the furniture business

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
must be the same murphy that I heard about.
Murphy was at home when his neighbour put his new dog out in the garden.
Then for the next 4 hours the dog was yap,yap yap etc.
This went on for a couple of weeks until Murphy lost his temper and said to his wife l am going to get even with our nasty neighbour, mark my words.
She said well what are you going to do?
Well l am going to buy a yappie dog and put it in our garden and see how he likes it. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
must be the same murphy that I heard about.
Murphy was at home when his neighbour put his new dog out in the garden.
Then for the next 4 hours the dog was yap,yap yap etc.
This went on for a couple of weeks until Murphy lost his temper and said to his wife l am going to get even with our nasty neighbour, mark my words.
She said well what are you going to do?
Well l am going to buy a yappie dog and put it in our garden and see how he likes it. :Eeek:
the way I heard it, the dog was barking at night
Murphy went outside, where there was some noise, followed by the dog barking again
"what did you do Murphy?" asked his wife
I put the feckin dog in our garden, see how he likes a dog barking next door all night

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
Mildly funny but hardly motorhome chat

i'm assuming murphy travelled to paris in his converted furniture van/camper to collect a few bits and pieces, as you do, and picked up a yappy stray dog on the way..
( joke made me chuckle too)

and oddly enough, just had a murphy slip a note through my door asking to buy my campervan off the drive, true..

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
There is a long-running jokes thread here:

Broken Link Removed

Or here:-