LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I know all of us are touched by Covid-19 in one way or another. The pause for applause is both humbling and mind blowing and shows our support for those working tirelessly and selflessly. I was thinking that it would be great to have something akin to the Christmas wreath on our front doors that also showed our support for the delivery drivers, postmen, refuse collectors, milkmen etc who are still working so hard to keep things going. I’m not that artistically minded to come up with something that would be simple to make, but I know there are many on here who are. I’m now setting all you creative people the challenge to come up with something simple that we can all do. Off you go......

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Around here all the children have drawn and painted rainbows.
I was a bit suprised at first as I thought a gay rights movement was taking over the neighbourhood, but no it`s the kids who have taken over the rainbow.
Not sure where it started but it`s quite a thing around where we live.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
The dustmen round here were a Gang of Four, now there’s only two in the wagon,,

when they collected on Monday, I opened my window and said thanks lads for what your doing, They were chuffed and said that’s the first time anyone has thanked em!

I think it’s very important that these people get our gratitude,,, imagine if they weren’t working!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Round here we have gone out to clap the NHS on the last 2 Thursdays, and absolutely no one else could be heard!.....Shameful!

It wont stop us showing our support where we can though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Our cul-de-sac has an exercise class at 11 am each day (suitable spaced) and on Monday when the bin men were collecting we all stopped and gave them a clap - I think they were a little embarrassed. They did say that the grounds maintenance crews had been trained up of the refuse lorries so that they could step in if/when the bin men numbers depleted due to illness/self isolation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back