scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just an idea,

How about having an Auction Forum along the same lines as eBay .. ?

It could be called eFun

a member posts an item they want to sell, with a reserve price and a closing date.

Whether postage is offered or collect only and what payment method preferred ..

A small percentage of the closing price ( determined by Jim ) is sent to Jim to help with site costs.

what say you ?

jim

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Sounds like a good idea Jim,, hope it comes of.. :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jim it sounds like a good idea :thumb: but it may well involve a lot of work for someone :Eeek: :ROFLMAO: It gets my vote anyhow :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim it sounds like a good idea :thumb: but it may well involve a lot of work for someone :Eeek: :ROFLMAO: It gets my vote anyhow :ROFLMAO:

thanks Terry ..

no need for a lot of extra work, it can be run the same way as the Xmas auctions but on a dedicated forum.

The seller makes a post with the details of the goods and can also add a picture with:

* The reserve price
* Payment type preferred
* Delivery or collection details.
* Closing date and time.

Members can post a bid or ask the seller questions.

Whoever wins the auction then contacts the seller by PM to arrange payment and collection or delivery, whatever was offered in the sale.

There would be no auto bidding as on eBay, so the bidder(s) have to watch the sale.

jim

Last edited:

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Seems like a good idea don`t know whats involved to run it, but it will need someone to run it .I think Jim has probably more than enough work to do running this fantastic site.:thumb::thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Jim

Great Idea, why not give it a try, could we just open a new thread with the article for sale/auction as the title, together with the word Auction and run it just to see if it works, and if it does then perhaps persuade "Jim or Bryan" to set up a new forum as you suggest. It really does sound like a good idea.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
thanks Terry ..

no need for a lot of extra work, it can be run the same way as the Xmas auctions but on a dedicated forum.

The seller makes a post with the details of the goods and can also add a picture with:

* The reserve price
* Payment type preferred
* Delivery or collection details.
* Closing date and time.

Members can post a bid or ask the seller questions.

Whoever wins the auction then contacts the seller by PM to arrange payment and collection or delivery, whatever was offered in the sale.

There would be no auto bidding as on eBay, so the bidder(s) have to watch the sale.

jim

It may be me Jim but I envisage everyone selling all sorts of stuff :ROFLMAO: non Mh related :Eeek:still gets my vote :thumb: got to be cheaper than ebay :ROFLMAO:
terry

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I think its a great idea, even though I dont know any of you I feel more comfortable buying or selling to a member of the forum.:thumb:

The only thing is I think it may be worth having a minimum number of posts before you can join in.

Roy

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Sounds like a winner to me got to be worth a shot,just one thought,isn't that what is in place on classifieds,mh accessories:thumb:if not why not just use that instead of setting up a new post

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sounds like a winner to me got to be worth a shot,just one thought,isn't that what is in place on classifieds,mh accessories:thumb:if not why not just use that instead of setting up a new post

Hi

Classifieds are not set up for bidding .. maybe they could be adapted, I don't know ..
My suggestion of an eFun forum was to keep it simple, more fun and less work for Jim.

jim

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Sounds like a great idea, we would definately use it.
A big :thumb: from us

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Hi

Classifieds are not set up for bidding .. maybe they could be adapted, I don't know ..
My suggestion of an eFun forum was to keep it simple, more fun and less work for Jim.

jim
Link Removed Link Removed (193.4 KB) OK ScotJimland you start the bidding...Dave

Attachments

• PICT0147.jpg
    PICT0147.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 42

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
good idea Jim but it would need to be set up differently to the other forums...
along the lines of the classifieds where there is no mention of new items listed EXCEPT on the classifieds page. (unless the seller posts a new thread mentioning it !)

remember the christmas auction ?

at times the 'new posts' page was dominated by bids and did become rather annoying at times.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
good idea Jim but it would need to be set up differently to the other forums...
along the lines of the classifieds where there is no mention of new items listed EXCEPT on the classifieds page. (unless the seller posts a new thread mentioning it !)

remember the christmas auction ?

at times the 'new posts' page was dominated by bids and did become rather annoying at times.

Totally agree John

that's why I suggested a separate forum that doesn't need to be listed on the home page, same as the belly locker .. it could have a front page window showing only the latest item for auction.

jim

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Great idea! Ive got a garage to empty including boats, outboards, antique sewing machine, windsurfer.. Who will start me off at £2K the lot?

Seriously though I agree. I would trust people on here more than I would Flea Bay. Make it so you have to have posted at least 10 times though to avoid scammers.

Cheers
Barry

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Auction Site

Brilliant idea for funsters:thumb:

How would payments be made though as paypal is part of e-bay so it is fairly secure.

How would you know if the item was correct - it would need policing by someone.

If you buy on e-bay you are safeguarded through e-bay for any misleading representations and non payment:Sad:

Needs a lot of thought Jim

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Great idea! Ive got a garage to empty including boats, outboards, antique sewing machine, windsurfer.. Who will start me off at £2K the lot?

Seriously though I agree. I would trust people on here more than I would Flea Bay. Make it so you have to have posted at least 10 times though to avoid scammers.

Cheers
Barry

Hi is this a post as I am not sure what a post, :Blush: is it a reply or a new question.
Brian and Marion

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Brilliant idea for funsters:thumb:

How would payments be made though as paypal is part of e-bay so it is fairly secure.

How would you know if the item was correct - it would need policing by someone.

If you buy on e-bay you are safeguarded through e-bay for any misleading representations and non payment:Sad:

Needs a lot of thought Jim
There are lots of different sites apart from ebay that uses paypal i paid for my diary from here using paypal,it's one of the only ways i pay online.and i definitely think you should try this out scotjimland i think it's a great idea,especially as im about to move house and have loads of tat/i mean great stuff i'd like to get rid of:thumb::thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A forum auction would work, it would be much like the Christmas auctions, a bit messy, but I could have a list of the last 10 items up for auction on the front page

We do have a full auction capability in the classifieds section
. When you upload you specify an auction rather than a regular classified ad. You set an end date and reserve price, you can leave ebay style feedback for the seller and the buyer. Maybe I just need a module on the front page to show the latest auctions. :Smile:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We do have a full auction capability in the classifieds section[/B]. When you upload you specify an auction rather than a regular classified ad. You set an end date and reserve price, you can leave ebay style feedback for the seller and the buyer. Maybe I just need a module on the front page to show the latest auctions. :Smile:

Hi Jim

talk about reinventing the wheel .. :Doh:

Looks like a lot of others were unaware of the classified auction facility, at least this thread has given it some publicity ..

cheers

jim

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Jim

talk about reinventing the wheel .. :Doh:

Looks like a lot of others were unaware of the classified auction facility, at least this thread has given it some publicity ..

cheers

jim
Dont worry about re inventing the wheel Jim:thumb:
If we hadn't it would still be a round thing stuck on the end of an axle:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
sounds like a great idea