LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
We've been hovering on the edges of the Funsters for four years so we're ok with a bit of a ribbing. We've only been to one meet and that was the year we bought our MH so it's time for us to get to know you folks better. I don't drink much either Mel so I'll definitely look out for you.

... and I don't drink at all .. except when @daveandsan lead me astray with the most marvellous homemade gin you could imagine. Take care .. you have been warned. :)

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Hi Folks,
We are a female couple and we love travelling in our motorhome. We were just saying that when we're on our travels we love meeting people and having a wee chat.
One thing that makes us feel a bit sad is that other motorhome couples sometimes seem shy to chat to us. I don't think I'm being paranoid. I guess it's because most people travel in male/female pairs and we are a bit different. I've decided that this year I have to be braver and make a real effort to strike up a conversation. I hope people will meet us in the middle and do the same.
Happy travels folks!
Mags

Well I think you sound just the same as every other normal couple
Hopefully me (John) & the wife (Diane) will bump into you one day.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As folk have said get yourselves along to a rally they even speak to the Welsh at them .
I tend to talk to anyone so you'll be fine with me motorhomers can be a funny bunch though they will wave at you when driving past then ignore you when pitched next to you.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Hello, don't worry the only ones who get talked about more than two people together are loners ..... come and join me and the three of us could cause a RIOT... :) Look forward to meeting you both and your dogs.. You will enjoy the meets and rallies with Fun ... Keep posting. :) x

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:................Umm :imoutahere:

Hehehe Hi Mags (+1) as Movan and others have already said, 'Come and join us'. :welc:'s :party2:

Look forward to meeting you both in a field somewhere.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I bet you have got a clean van:D

I am sure that you would both be very welcome at any meet.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
We've been hovering on the edges of the Funsters for four years so we're ok with a bit of a ribbing. We've only been to one meet and that was the year we bought our MH so it's time for us to get to know you folks better. I don't drink much either Mel so I'll definitely look out for you.

I've only been to one Meet previously and in a moment of madness volunteered to be the steward at the Ilfracombe one. Broken Link Removed

I think I counted up 2 dozen or so rallies for 2015 so you've plenty yo choose from.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Mags. Get your names down for some meets, we started going to the meets last year and we were made to feel very welcome. We also have 2 dogs so I have no doubt we can swap some stories.
One last thing don't believe everything @movan says, believe me she does not need any leading astray.;)

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Hi Mags and Shirley

We keep looking out for you! It's about time we had a reunion and catch up as we haven't seen you since Knutsford back in 2010! Life has changed a lot since then including me retiring and us moving back to Scotland.

Why not come to the Chester or Peterborough meet - we will be there with our four dogs.

Kath

Morrigan

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
I'm a newbie
I visit my best friend who lives next door to you guys (East Whitburn) regularly. If you see a big, yellow bus with net curtains parked up; knock on the door and say "Hi". I make the best cocktails ever!

Feb 6, 2013
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 680FB
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Mags, I am a relative newbie and have not yet managed to get to any of the rallies, but am planning on getting to a few this year. I also travel solo (like Caztur) and have found that unless I make the effort to talk to people, they don't seem to approach me. I don't know why.....? I hope our paths will cross sometime soon :)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Mags - Pete and I have only been to one rally ourselves since joining Fun too - we've usually either been on holiday or the venue doesn't appeal or we've been otherwise engaged (or the NHS LOL) or whatever - we aren't stuck for places to go and please ourselves.

I think it was 2010 - at Stratford racecourse. If so I do believe you and Shirley were there? I learned this and met a lot of people just once (it was a bit too big a rally to get to know everyone) when I was selling Raffle tickets with Marie (Penelope Pitstop, resplendent with pink hair at the time) but I can't actually recall whether we did meet or not, and the same goes for all sorts of members.

We were parked towards one end where JJ, Karl, Maz, Dellwood & Barbara and Carol & Eddie were parked up. The other end were the RVs. With shedloads of people in between and also opposite some of whom I remember and some not.

Does it ring any bells?

Anyway - we'd most certainly talk to you if our paths crossed - we have Fun stickers on the van anyway and I've been known to knock on a door when I've seen one! so you two won't escape if you have LOL

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Careful about those rallies, you'll get talked to death :D The only people who don't get spoken to are those who stay in their vans :D
Completely agree with GJH - looking forward to meeting you both for a chat - preferably sitting in the sunshine, with a G and T in hand!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Would love to chat with you at anytime!

Look out for the FUN stickers on the van. There will always be a cup of hot chocolate and (if you are lucky) a piece of cake each. :)

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
think it was 2010 - at Stratford racecourse. If so I do believe you and Shirley were there? I learned this and met a lot of people just once (it was a bit too big a rally to get to know everyone)
We're going to the Easter meet at Chester and look forward to meeting more people there. We weren't at the Stratford meet - the only one we've been to is the Cheshire one in 2010. But hopefully our paths will cross some time. thanks for all the friendly replies. M

anniej

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Herne, Herne Bay, Kent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Exec
Exp
20 years
Hi Mags, hello from one couple to another. We are Sue and Ann but am afraid we live at the other end of the country, Kent. Hoist a rainbow flag up your pole, we did this last year at the motorhome show in Kent and had some lovely lads come and chat with us. They were with a LGBG group but can't remember the name.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
It's all been said already(y), but we look forward to meeting you in the not too distant future. Meanwhile as I keep repeating on this forum............you'll always be Welcome in Wales.......................(we need your cash......................badly!:D)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome to you both. We haven't been to any rallies yet, only spent five nights so far on our new to us MH. When we do, we'll look out for you.
:welc:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:Smile:
Hi Mags, hello from one couple to another. We are Sue and Ann but am afraid we live at the other end of the country, Kent. Hoist a rainbow flag up your pole, we did this last year at the motorhome show in Kent and had some lovely lads come and chat with us. They were with a LGBG group but can't remember the name.

As Mags knows we are marshalling the Fun rally Chester be nice to see you there, but just thought I'd mention I always fly a lovely rainbow flag with a smiley face I bought it at the festival of a thousand bikes at Malorey Park thought it looked good, and I like it so I keep it flying. As you will see it's people that count on Fun no matter what flag we fly. :Smile:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
As a non smoking, tea total, vegetarian, who doesn't get out much due to shyness, but likes to wear a dress and comfy shoes from time to time, but whose legs aren't particularly hairy, rest assured that both my wife and I will talk to you if our paths should cross when I venture out of the van upon my return from Morocco, and after my operation...to remove the couch from my back!:D Think I've had too much meat and wine, bugger, that's given the game away now!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back