Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't think the gas locker is 'up to spec' so it's a bit concerning that throughout the video there are adverts for the campervan conversion guide!

Some different ideas though but the funnel with a pipe going through the floor and onto the road as you use it! Er ... that's the ultimate 'waste water' dumping offence surely!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
4 dogs plus two adults,,, No thankyou!

I bet it stinks on a wet day! Lol.

Nice job though!
We have 3 dogs and we dry them off as soon as they come in so there's no smell at all, to be honest though, they don't smell even without drying them ... we just don't like soggy beds!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Mate! luv the pink colours! I think I'm discovering me feminine side:lips:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I couldn't take my eyes off the size of the lady's glasses! :rolleyes:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Some nice touches in there, but some dubious ones too.

The china cups hanging by their handles would be fine when stopped, but I can’t imagine them lasting long once they start swinging and clashing in to each other on a bumpy road.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Nah I'll pass

Stealth camping. .in an illuminous yellow ambulance ?

China cups? ...

No smells by peeing under the van ? ...how does that work ? Every time you open the door or window you'll get reek o pee
Painted the cupboard doors but left the bright yellow grab rails

Bed looks uncomfortable

And I'm not sure about filling either the water or especially the lpg through the back doors

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You mean you don't have your morning cupper in a China cup - You Scottish heathen.:)

We may have melimine plates but our mugs are bone china.:D
I have China mugs but sod carrying them on hooks so they swing about and rattle
They are packed in the cupboard near the stove for the kettle.
Even where they located them was daft ..you've to do a tour of the van to make a coffee

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Some different ideas though but the funnel with a pipe going through the floor and onto the road as you use it! Er ... that's the ultimate 'waste water' dumping offence surely![/QUOTE]

When I had a Bongo there was a guy on the bongo forum who had set up a tube from the roof bed to a bottle downstairs. Better than onto the road.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I didn’t like the idea of the gas filler inside the rear of said vehicle, we all know you get a bit of a blowback when you disconnect the unit at the garage. And, no bog as such not my idea of fun, I always had a potapotti in mine .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
When I had a Bongo there was a guy on the bongo forum who had set up a tube from the roof bed to a bottle downstairs. Better than onto the road.
We met a couple last year who had done a very unique conversion and they didn't have a loo but used 'urination' bottles, they had them hung next to the bed at night.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Some good ideas on this van build, but we draw the line on this one.

Quiet a nice conversion on a budget. I would rethink the toilet arrangements though. Not sure neighbors parked up next to you would appreciate the wee tube being deposited on the ground especially if on hard standing. Can't see why you didn't go for a camping /caravan toilet cassette under the chair. It worked on our conversion. We did empty the cassette each day to make sure there were no nasty odders.
On a conversion we did many years ago we cut the complete partition out behind the drivers and passenger seats at the front which gave us a air of more space, especially if you manage to find some swivel seats.

Happy travels.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Some different ideas though but the funnel with a pipe going through the floor and onto the road as you use it! Er ... that's the ultimate 'waste water' dumping offence surely!

When I had a Bongo there was a guy on the bongo forum who had set up a tube from the roof bed to a bottle downstairs. Better than onto the road.[/QUOTE]
I don't know why they bothered with the funnel to be honest...just pee in the sink

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I don't know why they bothered with the funnel to be honest...just pee in the sink[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't do that, if I sat on the sink it would collapse.:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back