May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello O Knowledgeable Crowd,

You could never accuse me of not attempting to get my money's worth - I've been on here 5 minutes and this is my second question!

Anyway, new to this forum, new to motor homing. In short I have acquired a lovely vehicle (Dethleffs i5 Globebus) which has an alarm fitted. The supplying dealer can tell me nothing about it so I was kind of hoping that we could work out how to use it...if you get my drift. (Nothing in the base vehicle or the converters handbooks BTW). It seems to be wired with magnetic catches to the passenger, habitation and main locker doors (no drivers door on this vehicle). It has two dash mounted sensors of some kind and a simple key fob with two buttons and no signage. The vehicle seems to alarm itself....I know this because I entered the vehicle early this morning and managed to wake the whole street as it went off! Pressing the smaller of the two buttons on the key fob silenced it for a few seconds but only turning the ignition on seemed to completely de activate it.
Using my description and the pictures I have tried to upload of the key fob, dash board LED and sensors can anyone give me some idea of how to use this thing? It sounds like a damn good alarm...at least that's what my next door neighbour said (actually he said more than that but common decency forbids me from reproducing that here)
In order that we don't have to sell the house and move to Shetland can anyone help with a stab at some rudimentary instructions? (nothing against Shetland BTW)
As always, grateful for all responses.
Yours,
On a knife edge

Stevewheel

IMG_7263.jpg IMG_7261.jpg IMG_7262.jpg

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
I believe from the look of the fob that it is a Cobra alarm, but that's all I can tell you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stevewheel

Stevewheel

Free Member
May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
@wyn, that would be superb, thank you....how do we do that on here? Are we allowed to post e-mail addresses?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stevewheel

Stevewheel

Free Member
May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Poohbear - Cobra fits with a scrap of paper I found among the documentation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Definitely a Cobra alarm.
We arm with the big button when everything closed and locked, two beeps. Disarm with the small button , one beep.
Never read the instructions to see if it does anything else, though I think it bleeps three times if something isn't closed.
Never noticed that the ignition had anything to do with it though.

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
@wyn, that would be superb, thank you....how do we do that on here? Are we allowed to post e-mail addresses?
Well that's got me scratching my head. I went to the folder where I keep such things only to find it's not there! It must be in the house, then. No. I can't find it anywhere. I never throw such things away so I must have it somewhere. I'll keep looking and let you know when I find it. Sorry about that. :mad:

Wyn

Upvote 0

fraefreuchie

Free Member
Sep 24, 2014
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 510
Exp
since 2014
As others have confirmed it is definitely a Cobra alarm. Here is how it works.
To set after locking the doors. Walk away and press the LARGE grey button ONCE to activate the alarm.
To deactivate the alarm press the same LARGE grey button ONCE.

If you want to deactivate the internal sensors but alarm the vehicle press the LARGE grey button ONCE followed by the SMALL grey button TWICE.

To deactivate either from inside or outside press the LARGE grey button ONCE.

If the alarm goes off press the LARGE grey button TWICE.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back