Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well this is my last day with Amy and I am gutted.

Not all of you know Irina and I have parted for good over my father sadly.

Amy is young still and requires miles of attention, I cant walk her an Irina loves the dogs to bits (only thing she does love:cry::RollEyes:) Amy is such a loving dog and its braking my heart, but its for the best i feel.

Bruno stays with me as it an old fellow now so need a lot less exercise and is calmer.

Oh well that my heart poured out.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
No consolation "John",, but look to the future with your dad & Bruno,,

And the summer that is just round the corner, and all the friends you have in this caring community, the funsters. :thumb:

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Dont know what to say John, i really feel for you as i have 2 dogs and i could'nt bear the thought of not having them both together ,but as you say Amys only young and she needs alot more walks than you can do now and im sure its for the best ,all im can say is im thinking of you .
Betty:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi John!

Wont Irina give you any oportunity to take Amy now and then?
You must be very sad anyway.... My dog is near 15y now and each morning i'm waiting for him to wake up and come around to have his morning cuddle and when he's late... i can't help thinking that he might be sleeping for ever...

Amicalement

Frankie:Sad:

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
John

Feel for you both, you and Bruno, you are really going to miss her, hope Irina lets you visit.
As has been said, you've got loads of friends and only have to shout for support
Try and keep smiling and believe it will get better (as someone once said when I was going through a bad patch - Life's a bitch and then it has puppies!!)

:thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Well this is my last day with Amy and I am gutted.

Not all of you know Irina and I have parted for good over my father sadly.

Amy is young still and requires miles of attention, I cant walk her an Irina loves the dogs to bits (only thing she does love:cry::RollEyes:) Amy is such a loving dog and its braking my heart, but its for the best i feel.

Bruno stays with me as it an old fellow now so need a lot less exercise and is calmer.

Oh well that my heart poured out.

Link Removed

So sad you have to split them up.

Sad for you and Amy John.
:Sad:

Last edited:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
amy goes to irana

Hi John,

Sorry to hear that you are losing amy, just hope that bruno will be ok on his own, but I am sure he will get lots of reassurance and hugs from you and your dad, and from all the other funsters when we see you all. We have 2 dogs and they cant bear to be parted even in the house, we have 2 dog beds but they both sleep on the same one. Keep your chin up luv and we will see you at Newark, cant do much else as we are too far away.
Cheers,
Mick & Sheila (runrig) :Nowink: :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi John, you are not losing her she is just leaving home, time will make life easier.
Best wishes. I do hope Bruno will be ok on his own, I know our two hate to be parted.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well it's just Bruno now.

I know I have done the right thing but real hard to hand her over.

Link Removed

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
You will have Amy for visits John I am sure of that meanwhile the "new life" you have promised yourself is just round the corner. Chin up.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
You know she'll be really well cared for John, whatever your differences with Irina, and I'm sure you'll get to see her. Hope Bruno doesn't fret without his toy girl, but I'm sure it will be a lot easier for you. Hope to see you at meets sometime again with him...

Laurie

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
My dad woke in a dreadful state last night and was worried sick about Amy.

He's always been a dog person but over the last 3 years and his alzheimer's progressing shown less interest in the dogs.

Took me nearly an hour to console him and stop him weeping (not seen him do that since mum died) finally assuring him Amy would be looked after just fine.

Just goes to show his brain is still working although very cruelly most of the time.

Another reminder why i love my dad so much:winky:

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Hi John, just read through your post, made me feel sad reading it. I hope Bruno is'nt pinning too much for Amy. It may be a blessing in disguise for you as all your time and energy is needed to look after Dad.Keep your chin up
Rich and Lin:thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
You're a great son to him John.:thumb:

The only thing you can do is reassure him she'll be OK which I'm sure you have done.

I'm sure you'll both miss Amy.I really hope you get chance to still see her.

They become part of the family don't they?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back