Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We love this little place, everyone goes right past it on the way to Tenby, but if they just turned off the main drag early and followed the little coast road into Amroth they would see this little gem of a place. You park up right next to the sea, There is a loo there for emptying grey and Black, The sea is safe, and on half of it dogs are allowed all year. 400 yards away there is a liitle village shop that does fresh bread and croisants in the morning. We almost always catch mackerel for the evening barbie, and 3 pubs are a very short walk away. In the summer there is the odd wild camper or two every weekend, but there is always plenty of space as long as you arrive early or late. If you arrive midday on a weekend there will be a lot of cars parked in the best overnight spots.. Enjoy..

S

stagman

Deleted User
[Don't be fooled that the sea isafe in Amroth,nearly got caught here a few years back beachcasting a huge wave came nearly took me away,luckuly i hung on to the brackers,

J

judith thomas

Deleted User
Thanks

just read your review about amroth, didnt know about wild camping there, did you have any trouble with boy racers?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The roads are very narrow for the last mile or so. You need to be brave in an RV Go in very early or very late or you could get yourself in a right mess. That said, small country buses use the route.

Wildcamped for many nights here. Never seen any problems with boy racers though I can see that the half mile straight along the sea wall could be attractive to them.

jasper1971

Free Member
Mar 31, 2012
Port Talbot
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
What its like now. I see there are warning signs up along the sea front to deter overnight parking saying private property etc...

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Had lots of holidays there years ago when first married, and loved it. Going to have to pay a visit with The Rosie - maybe when we're down for Fishguard and Gower Festivals.:thumb:

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We love this little place, everyone goes right past it on the way to Tenby, but if they just turned off the main drag early and followed the little coast road into Amroth they would see this little gem of a place. You park up right next to the sea, There is a loo there for emptying grey and Black, The sea is safe, and on half of it dogs are allowed all year. 400 yards away there is a liitle village shop that does fresh bread and croisants in the morning. We almost always catch mackerel for the evening barbie, and 3 pubs are a very short walk away. In the summer there is the odd wild camper or two every weekend, but there is always plenty of space as long as you arrive early or late. If you arrive midday on a weekend there will be a lot of cars parked in the best overnight spots.. Enjoy..
Locals are going to love you:Eeek:
600 Funsters motorhomes next weekend:ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Check your brakes before you go. As a kid I recall a school bus losing its brakes and crashing at the bottom of the hill:Sad:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes some do park just a little further down on the left. The shop there bakes its own bread. But we go the other end.

MapLink

If you look to your right here you'll see the pub and also the headland that light vehicles can just drive on. Follow the road down (with the sea on your left) just before the tanker there are parking places. Then there is a loo with water and you can park near that. Further down there is a T junction with a large carpark that always has a wild camper in. Not been this year, but I expect No camping signs to be up every time I visit.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Amr...oid=BUBDPwClpH4yscO-lhbk8Q&cbp=12,253.21,,0,0

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Thanks Jim , will visit end of june / july on way to pembroke area. Terry

hiho

Free Member
May 21, 2016
crosshands
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 208D Auto-trail
Exp
not long
Hello Jim. do you know if you can still stay here only this post was back in 2012. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back