Ammeter Query - New Solar Install (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
Hi,

I have just replaced a single 90w solar panel with 3 x 100w panels and upgraded the Regulator also (Victron 100/20), I also upgraded all the wiring to 6mm as the original wiring was way too small a gauge in my opinion. I have wired it in parallel.

I knew I was bypassing the ammeter in my system, as I just went direct from the Regulator charge terminal to the batteries, but wasn't really bothered at the time as the Victron uses Bluetooth and the App shows the charging info.

Previously our Van display would show the charge / discharge rate on the CBE Control Panel for the Leisure Batteries..

The wiring is a bit of a minefield and looks to be very complicated (it is linked in to the charge from the Generator / Solar / Alternator, etc).

However, I am now thinking that I would still like to see the charge info at the CBE Panel. The original wiring went from the Positive Out from the Regulator going to the battery, and the Negative from the Regulator heading off somewhere into a complex wiring wonderland towards the ammeter connection.

There isn't enough room on the Regulator terminals for me to reattach the old wiring, with the new 6mm wiring being so thick, and I'd rather not splice into the new wiring either. Is there an easy way of getting the info back on Display on the CBE as it was before?

Unsure if it helps, but there is the option of a "Load" connection to the Reg.

TIA

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
Is there not a plug in remote meter option on the solar charger? I have one for my set up and are very useful

Hi,

It is Bluetooth and the App and their Victron Meter connect via this (or V.E Direct), the wiring is already in place it's just that I have unplugged it and would like to wire it back in alongside the heavier gauge wire, as easily as possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back