May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
A 'Chineese Six':ROFLMAO: is what it was called!:thumb:

Correct beat me to it, and it was virtualy impossible to over load an Axle on a chineese six without overloading the vehicle.

I used to love these as trucks.

All the best Rick

denborv

Free Member
Jul 17, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1991
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Us Americans already pay huge amounts more tax in road fuel duty than you Europeans. We certainly don't cause that much more smoke to pay thousands more in road fund tax. In fact the majority of American RV's sit on the drive and don't go anywhere most of the time. It's the ever increasing number of European motorhomes charging around and waving at each other that are causing all the problems!!! :roflmto: You'll be wasting your time and postage writing to the prime minister - he's got far too many more important problems on his plate. However if you do write make sure you have a dictionary beside you!!:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Us Americans already pay huge amounts more tax in road fuel duty than you Europeans. We certainly don't cause that much more smoke to pay thousands more in road fund tax. In fact the majority of American RV's sit on the drive and don't go anywhere most of the time. It's the ever increasing number of European motorhomes charging around and waving at each other that are causing all the problems!!! :roflmto: You'll be wasting your time and postage writing to the prime minister - he's got far too many more important problems on his plate. However if you do write make sure you have a dictionary beside you!!:ROFLMAO:
lol iv caught another one and didnt even throw a bait out:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

buddy you need to read the whole thread:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
as you are a new member,i will offer a bit of advice on the last bit of your post,commenting on spelling and gramma on this site is frowned upon
even in jest,it however does not bother me but it does bother others.:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
took a while,but iv had a reply of david cameron,and he is going to look into my suggestion:thumb:
time to sell the petrol rv's before they are banned,you have been warned:Eeek:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
took a while,but iv had a reply of david cameron,and he is going to look into my suggestion:thumb:
time to sell the petrol rv's before they are banned,you have been warned:Eeek:

You dont give up do you ?::bigsmile:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
The way things are going with fuel prices, parking charges, pollution charges it won't be long before we all revert back to days of the horse and cart as we will not be able to afford to drive and if we can we will not be able to pay parking or congestion charges. :Sad:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Attachments

• horsedrawn_expert.jpg
    horsedrawn_expert.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 14
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I’d forgotten about this one. How things have changed in the short time since it was first posted.
RVs are now public enemy No1 for the Green party.
Public opinion is definitely becoming more negative.
Sites are treating RVs as outcasts.
Fuel price is becoming inhibitive.
Motorhomers parked adjacent are complaining about the lack of light. Etc etc.
[FONT=&quot]I think your first post back in June was before its time Chris:winky:[/FONT]

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I’d forgotten about this one. How things have changed in the short time since it was first posted.
RVs are now public enemy No1 for the Green party.
Public opinion is definitely becoming more negative.
Sites are treating RVs as outcasts.
Fuel price is becoming inhibitive.
Motorhomers parked adjacent are complaining about the lack of light. Etc etc.
[FONT=&quot]I think your first post back in June was before its time Chris:winky:[/FONT]
someone has to fight the fight,and remove these monster's off the road:thumb::winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
... In fact the majority of American RV's sit on the drive and don't go anywhere most of the time....

so very true.. and will die off like the dinosaurs, with no need of a letter to call me Dave.. :winky:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Yep,:pray: I think if I were unfortunate enough to own one, :pray:I would put it up for sale before the bottom falls:pray: out of the market completly.:pray::helptitanic:

I was going to reply with a load of laughing smilies, but actually, I hope you are right, it'll make our next one much cheaper:thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Yep,:pray: I think if I were unfortunate enough to own one, :pray:I would put it up for sale before the bottom falls:pray: out of the market completly.:pray::helptitanic:

Buttons you stand to gain if the bottom falls out of the market as the already overpriced shoeboxes such as the VW transporter panel van conversions will go up in value.

to be honest if i had 50 grand to spend on a brand new motorhome it wouldn't be so small as a VW T5.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
How about - will I live

im just in the prosess of sending an email to my local mp to have all lefthand drive american rv's banned from our roads or at least put the road fund licence up to about 2 grand a year and imposing a huge green tax on them if they cannot acheive at least 25 mpg. on the ground's of damageing the enviroment and being driven for pleasure.
but what about lefthand drive lorrys i hear you ask, thay are not being driven for pleasure but bringing goods into this great country.
my local mp is the man himself the prime minister.
any thing other members might want to add before i get the wife to check the spelling and grammer,and i fire it off.
this is not a wind up i am doing it.
you never know he might go with it on enviromentle grounds:thumb:

chris

It is not the 1st April yet Buttons....

Bob

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Have you considered if you will live Chris:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: long enough to get an answer from 'call me Dave!'

Bob:Blush:
got an answer yesterday,saying they would look in to it:thumb:
nice little erner for the government if they increase the road fund licence to about 4 grand a year:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so where is the motor JJ

Great Idea!

My next "motor" home...

JJ :Cool:

So where is the motor JJ.... all I can see is a horse!!! Mind you Buttons could hitch a horse to that VW he has and get even more miles to the gallon... and Chris could have the deposits from the rear end to add to the rest of it he is shoverling:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob::bigsmile:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
So where is the motor JJ.... all I can see is a horse!!! Mind you Buttons could hitch a horse to that VW he has and get even more miles to the gallon... and Chris could have the deposits from the rear end to add to the rest of it he is shoverling:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob::bigsmile:
and we could get you to park next to the deposits,as we know you like that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
No Chris it was Bill (Landylover)

and we could get you to park next to the deposits,as we know you like that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No, Chris it was Bill (Landy lover) that parked beside the dung pile at Malvern I was parked to the second hand car lot that Rick (Motor Romin) was running at the show:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Sad:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
rv

i like rv's but on our narrow british roads there is just no place for them.
i was going to buy one but decided not to on the grounds that i should not be burning up all that fossil fuel and damageing the enviroment.

chris

dont use narrow roads then:Angry:
brian

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
im just in the prosess of sending an email to my local mp to have all lefthand drive american rv's banned from our roads or at least put the road fund licence up to about 2 grand a year and imposing a huge green tax on them if they cannot acheive at least 25 mpg. on the ground's of damageing the enviroment and being driven for pleasure.
but what about lefthand drive lorrys i hear you ask, thay are not being driven for pleasure but bringing goods into this great country.
my local mp is the man himself the prime minister.
any thing other members might want to add before [HI]i get the wife to check the spelling[/HI] and grammer,and i fire it off.
this is not a wind up i am doing it.
you never know he might go with it on [HI]enviromentle[/HI] grounds:thumb:

chris

Environmental.......possibly :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
anyone remember this thread if you aint read it,read it from the start all the way through.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back