american rv's (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
no not bored ,just signed up to greenpeace and thought i would do my bit to save the planet.:thumb:

chris
:Eeek: and you want gas guzzling RV's banned.

what about the fleet of 6 ships used by the greenies to trol the oceans in a fruitless and extremely fuel inefficient manner.....and on top of that they have one of the worlds most fuel inefficient modes of transport.....a bloody helicopter :Eeek:

Greenpeace Ships

• Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
Greenpeace Flyers

• Link Removed

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins

what about the fleet of 6 ships used by the greenies to trol the oceans in a fruitless and extremely fuel inefficient manner.....and on top of that they have one of the worlds most fuel inefficient modes of transport.....a bloody helicopter :Eeek:

Greenpeace Ships

• Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
Greenpeace Flyers

• Link Removed

John you know, don't do as I do :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
So am I, I save the planet I don't get the mower out as often as I am away in the RV the grass sorry jungle is now a wild life haven and home to all sorts of creatures, could be hiding a family of aliens for all I know, so see I do my bit.

All the best Rick
thats the spirit
im going to buy one of them push pull mowers.
gone are the days when i needed a big v8 just to cut the grass.

chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
but jim i am now a born again enviromentleist.
i had a bloke in sandals knock my door today and he converted me:thumb:

chris

RV s generally clock up around 2000 miles a year and many of them run on LPG as does mine hence the low level of duty on what is a "clean" fuel, clean enough to have free passage in the LEZ , no filthy particles from LPG.
Sounds like the green eyed monster again :Eeek::Eeek:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004

Greenpeace Ships

• Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
  • Link Removed
Greenpeace Flyers

• Link Removed
but greenpeace need all these for the greater good.to reach there goals.
so how are they going to chase whaleing boats,and stop this mindless slaughter off these lovely creatures-----in a rowing boat?????

chris

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
but greenpeace need all these for the greater good.to reach there goals.
so how are they going to chase whaleing boats,and stop this mindless slaughter off these lovely creatures-----in a rowing boat?????

chris

Thats rich from one whose hobbies are fishing and shooting :Doh::Doh:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
RV s generally clock up around 2000 miles a year and many of them run on LPG as does mine hence the low level of duty on what is a "clean" fuel, clean enough to have free passage in the LEZ , no filthy particles from LPG.

Larry thats boring Chuck some of that nice gasoline through it sod the expense :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
play nicely now:thumb:
never in a million years would i be a green eyed monster,i never have and never will look on another person with envy.

chris

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
AAnd you think I wind them up

Chris is better at winding you lot up than I am.. perhaps he needs to pop over to RVOC and put the post there.. they do not see the funny side of things..even my wind ups get them going.:ROFLMAO::RollEyes:

Next Chris will write to his euro mp about disabled scooters and get them down rated to 5 mph from 8 mph... But other than Buttons with his VW exaggerations Chis is a mile ahead...and that is from an expert.... Mind you I would not want a Fiat based motorhome ..give me the V10 6.8 Trition on a Super Duty Ford chassis ..power and more power.. I do think it is a bit of the green eye Chris has.. go on admit it you really want one of our babies.:Blush:

JJ ....well ...there is not a lot one can say about him supporting your cause.. he drives a real pollutant monster...no not the Iveco JJ.... the Solex. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Eeek: This post did not appear then seems jumbled up.. have reposted it..refined it if you like below........

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am all for road tax being included in fuel price it would save me a fortune

All the best Rick

Oh of short memory. in the early 70's with road tax approching £250 the govenment scrapped it in favour of extra fuel duty. (Oh yes they did!) They then charged us £5 a year to check our documents to ensure we had tax and MOT. Strange how that got forgotten and the "Checking feea rose again over a few years to current levels"
so I'll pass on opting for it on fuel duty yet again, govenment cannot be trusted, any government

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
play nicely now:thumb:
never in a million years would i be a green eyed monster,i never have and never will look on another person with envy.

chris

And I don't look at what others have and criticise. You have what you want and so do I :Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Chris is a bigger windup than me

I suggest we export Christ and his Fiat to RVOC.. he would be good at winding them up... I do my best but some of them cannot see it for what it is. But I do not fancy his chances much. Mind you he has got some of the MHF lot going with RV's ... I see a lot of the usual suspects have responded:ROFLMAO:

Now I think he has a bit of the green eye myself...really wants one ... now me I love my gas guzzler ..V10, true power..6.8 Triton engine on a Ford Super Duty chasssis ..around 12 to 14 mpg dependent on how far I push the throttle.

Me I would ban all these dirty fiat diesels.. Petrol rules.. the bigger the better.

Now as for JJ...what can one say:winky: His old Iveco certainly should go.. but it is the polluting Solex he rides.. he puts out more C02 than my V10 does.. So little C02 each MOT they cannot get it to register. I bet no Fiat can claim that:Blush::Blush:

I am a self admitting expert at winding up people.. but Chris is not far behind... or he may in fact be in front.. Only Buttons has the same sort of claim about the exorbitant claims of how many miles per gallon his VW wannabe (RV) does ....

Chris will next be writing to his euro MP demanding speed limiters on disabled scooters bring the speed down from 8 mph to 5 mph.. anything to stop us knocking the old dears over on the pavement:ROFLMAO:

Bob:Eeek:

Last edited:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Chris is better at winding you lot up than I am.. perhaps he needs to pop over to RVOC and put the post there.. they do not see the funny side of things..even my wind ups get them going.:ROFLMAO::RollEyes:

Next Chris will write to his euro mp about disabled scooters and get them down rated to 5 mph from 8 mph... But other than Buttons with his VW exaggerations Chis is a mile ahead...and that is from an expert.... Mind you I would not want a Fiat based motorhome ..give me the V10 6.8 Trition on a Super Duty Ford chassis ..power and more power.. I do think it is a bit of the green eye Chris has.. go on admit it you really want one of our babies.:Blush:

JJ ....well ...there is not a lot one can say about him supporting your cause.. he drives a real pollutant monster...no not the Iveco JJ.... the Solex. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob read the replies no one believed it they all went with it.

But please don't mention the Solex more polutants than 20 RV's doing 20k per annum and the Solex only went round the block, I used to have a cyclemaster like that.

As for Disabled Scooters, they should be, all that energy to charge them Huh any body would think you had rights walk woops sorry hop like the rest of us, or drive that gas guzzler :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You fell out with RVOC then I am sure we would get some very witty replies on there.

All the best Rick

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I suggest we export Christ and his Fiat to RVOC.. he would be good at winding them up... I do my best but some of them cannot see it for what it is. But I do not fancy his chances much. Mind you he has got some of the MHF lot going with RV's ... I see a lot of the usual suspects have responded:ROFLMAO:

Now I think he has a bit of the green eye myself...really wants one ... now me I love my gas guzzler ..V10, true power..6.8 Triton engine on a Ford Super Duty chasssis ..around 12 to 14 mpg dependent on how far I push the throttle.

Me I would ban all these dirty fiat diesels.. Petrol rules.. the bigger the better.

Now as for JJ...what can one say:winky: His old Iveco certainly should go.. but it is the polluting Solex he rides.. he puts out more C02 than my V10 does.. So little C02 each MOT they cannot get it to register. I bet no Fiat can claim that:Blush::Blush:

I am a sel admitting expert at winding up people.. but Chris is not far behind... or he may in fact be in front.. Only Buttons has the same sort of claim about the exorbitant claims of how many miles per gallon his VW wannabe (RV) does ....

Chris will next be writing to his euro MP demanding speed limiters on disabled scooters bring the speed down from 8 mph to 5 mph.. anything to stop us knocking the old dears over on the pavement:ROFLMAO:

but bob why would i want to post on an open forum just to wind people up?
and i agree i would not have a fiat either,dirty smelly things.
not intrested in mobility scooters nice clean thing they are,and after a few rvers get hold of me it might be my only mode of transport:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chris

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Oh of short memory. in the early 70's with road tax approching £250 the govenment scrapped it in favour of extra fuel duty. (Oh yes they did!) They then charged us £5 a year to check our documents to ensure we had tax and MOT. Strange how that got forgotten and the "Checking feea rose again over a few years to current levels"
so I'll pass on opting for it on fuel duty yet again, govenment cannot be trusted, any government

Yes I agree Roger and that is what I said after the statement you high lighted and that is why it wouldn't work, you can't trust any of the nest feathering thieves. Well actually you can you can trust them to have thier hands in your pocket to fill thiers.

All the best Rick

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am a ghost on RVOC

No Rick..I am a Ghost on RVOC..just wanted to see what it is like to sit and watch others doing the work.

When I am ready I will come back on and post.. just waiting for the encore... nothing on RVOC to get me going yet..done the friends parking together to death...even your post no one took the bait.

The other posts have been dealt with before or are well looked after by some other good fellows.

I just like to see some of them take the bait... Now if I could implant a V8 into my electric scooter I would.. but as it is I have to run the genny to charge the batteries.. so I use a lot more CO2 that way.

Am I sorry.. NO
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have spare pair of crutches Chris

but bob why would i want to post on an open forum just to wind people up?
and i agree i would not have a fiat either,dirty smelly things.
not intrested in mobility scooters nice clean thing they are,and after a few rvers get hold of me it might be my only mode of transport:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chris

I have a spare pair of crutches Chris if you need them.. are you going to paint a bullseye on your motorhome?

Bob:Blush:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you forgot the MPG Buttons

Don't give up chris it is just a matter of time. Majority of the monsters dinosaurs and the twin axle jobies are looking to downsize, the last thing they want is negative publicity at this stage. :Smile:

Buttons.. you are slipping up you did not mention the MPG your VW does:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Don't give up chris it is just a matter of time. Majority of the monsters dinosaurs and the twin axle jobies are looking to downsize, the last thing they want is negative publicity at this stage. :Smile:

Down size I offered to sell mine on here and promissed not to buy one that big again and I would honnor that promise........because I want a BIGGER one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
im just in the prosess of sending an email to my local mp to have all lefthand drive american rv's banned from our roads or at least put the road fund licence up to about 2 grand a year and imposing a huge green tax on them if they cannot acheive at least 25 mpg. on the ground's of damageing the enviroment and being driven for pleasure.
but what about lefthand drive lorrys i hear you ask, thay are not being driven for pleasure but bringing goods into this great country.
my local mp is the man himself the prime minister.
any thing other members might want to add before i get the wife to check the spelling and grammer,and i fire it off.
this is not a wind up i am doing it.
you never know he might go with it on enviromentle grounds:thumb:

chris
fancy a free trip to ireland son....keep posting like this and you MIGHT just get one, on the front of an rv...........dont forget the green cross code.....smudger...:moon2::moon2::moon2:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
you mean it might knock the retail value of there gas guzzlers down,but im not sending the email till saturday so they get a bit of warning and by the time dave gets round to doing any thing about rv's they would have plenty of time to offload them:thumb:

chris

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you could just drive over the top of him

fancy a free trip to ireland son....keep posting like this and you MIGHT just get one, on the front of an rv...........dont forget the green cross code.....smudger...:moon2::moon2::moon2:

smugger you could just drive over the top of him and not notice in your Winni... mind if I follow behind.. mind you I suspect we could get a convoy up at this rate:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The contradictions are interesting.

Since when was a battery powered vehicle clean technology, they are recharged from electricity produced from nuclear and gas powered power stations.
Since when does someone who does not want to harm animals have shooting and fishing as hobbies.
:Eeek:

Its time for me to spit out the bait and change channels :Doh:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:can i take my fishing rods?
smudger please read post 20&26 not just the first post?

chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back