Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Yet another call about 'my accident'
Was feeling bored so told them all about the accident I hab been in and the bruising from the seat belt and the fear of anything round or near my neck now.
They were sure they could help get me a good settlement.
When did the accident happen they asked, not amused when I told them some time in 1965 or it might have been 1966 or 7 and I couldn't remember the month.
Can't understand why they hung up. John and I had a well needed laugh afterwards. :LOL:

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Love it I might try that about my accident at work when I almost broke my spine the doctors said until they opened me up for a spinal fusion and found I had

The problem was I worked for the NHS (Crown Agents) so could't be sued in 1988 otherwise I could have got hundreds of thousands

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I also had a recent call from the vultures. Like everyone else we are sick of them trying to suck blood. My accident was back in 1949 when a clumsy nurse dropped me after I was born. I'm fortunate to be able to blame her for anything to do with my head.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I love those calls, they ask about my recent car accident. I ask which one? and the last one wasnt an accident, I got really angry and rammed the car in front in a traffic cue then put car in reverse and rammed the one behind. Or some other silly fabrication.
havent had one of their calls for a while now. maybe they got the message and crossed me of the lists

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I just tell them that I am a solicitor (which happens to be true) and they usually put the phone down before I can :) If they don't withhold their number I pick it up and put in a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office as I am registered with the Telephone Preference Service. Sometimes I tell them I am busy at present but if they give me their number I will call them back. If they do it gives me particular pleasure in reporting them if it was a withheld number :Grin:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I put some ads on Gumtree recently, withing 2 minutes of the first one going on I got 3 'insurance' calls within 5 minutes about my 'accident' ... got another one today ... hopefully they've all got the message now!

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
i had a call yesterday from them.
asked about my accident, i said which one, he said a car one, i said not had a car one,
well he said must have been an accident at work, no i said , not had one.
well your number was given by someone as a contact for an accident.
has any one in your family had an accident, no i said.
you still following, i kept this going for over half a hour.
in the end he said , well ill remove your number as its showing you had an accident.
i said thank you, and if i do have an accident, i will ring a lawyer, bye.

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Had a call the other day. I said yes I had had an accident in my car. Told her I had shxxx myself and made a mess in my trousers! Could I claim for that? She said I was disgusting and put the phone down. Haven't had another call since.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Had a call the other day. I said yes I had had an accident in my car. Told her I had shxxx myself and made a mess in my trousers! Could I claim for that? She said I was disgusting and put the phone down. Haven't had another call since.

I just spat my tea out reading that and imagining the conversation.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Had one recently, told me I could claim compensation, explained no injuries to either party and damage all sorted.(assumed she was referring to a non fault last year when a white van decided to reverse onto my bonnet doh !) Told me you can still claim compensation. Once again explained no injuries I cannot claim anything. She chirped "yes you can, dont worry we can sort it". I then told her I am in insurance broker and suddenly the line went dead. lol

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Whilst I find it funny, thinking about it again the woman was only doing her job no matter how annoying it is to you. Would you have said things in a similar 'language' to someone else if they rang you about another annoying matter, I suspect not? It must be hell where they work and I don't suppose they choose to do so because they like the job, but from necessity.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Not been contacted by any ambulance chaser since I got my BT8500 Advanced Call Blocker (probably superseded by something else now but it still works fine). Get the occasional call shown as "withheld" and sometimes even showing a number, but if they don't identify themselves then the phone doesn't ring - and no ambulance chaser has identified themselves yet.

Anyone who needs to speak to me, including hospital appointments and the like, has never had a problem in saying who they are.

Dave

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I remember one of the girls at work keep getting them -she started off politely and then got fed up of it and started fabricating a complicated serious car accident. The guy on the other end of the called the manager over who took notes as she explained how she had lost an arm straight away and then the other arm. Infection in her legs caused her to lose those and then she asked guess what - one night my head fell off. They immediately slammed the phone down and have not rung her since. She was very good and imaginative and at her finale point - I actually splat my tea out

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Whilst I find it funny, thinking about it again the woman was only doing her job no matter how annoying it is to you. Would you have said things in a similar 'language' to someone else if they rang you about another annoying matter, I suspect not? It must be hell where they work and I don't suppose they choose to do so because they like the job, but from necessity.

@Poursay , that's the best yet !@Minxy Girl , I've got no qualms in telling them where to go. I'm on the TPS register, didn't ask them to call and haven't had an accident. If they choose to annoy me, as one did yesterday while I was wrestling with a lawn mower, they deserve all they get. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back