LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jim, Please will you start us a new gallery for Dixon's meet.... Thank you. :thumb: so that we can put photos on it...:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a great time everyone on rally sure you will, look forward to the pictures.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
At last the sun has arrived.

A good coffee morning today with Barbara providing the cake. A great day for a walk by the river Rothay close by Miller Field, looks like Monday will be even better.

This is a great place with loads of room for motorhomes and a short walk into Ambleside. We just had a very enjoyable meal at Dodds restaurant and have settled down back in the van.

As usual the crowd are setting up for a night of merriment but it's tooooo cold out there for us oldies.

Some pics attached.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 29082010585.jpg
    29082010585.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 29082010584.jpg
    29082010584.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 53
  • 29082010588.jpg
    29082010588.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I would just like to thank two wonderful people, Dixon and Barbara, for a lovely weekend and for their hard work...... good friends, good company and look forward every time to seeing them again...

It was lovely to meet up with old friends, and a couple of new ones. Thanks to Barbara for her hard work baking lovely cakes for us all... Thanks to Dixon for his company going round to the shops...

The group walk was good fun, the walk to the waterfall ... but we went to the wrong one...:Doh: was good exercise, and Steve and Marilyn helped to exercise the laughter lines non-stop.

Whilst having coffe by the river Dixon and I were honoured with the company of a young tubby blackbird who came to show us the caterpillar he had just caught... He hopped about on our table proudly displaying his forthcoming meal and we were so delighted but didn't want to risk frightening him off by reaching for the camera.... Really honoured by his visit.

Can't wait for everyone to upload their photos to the gallery.:thumb::thumb:

(Thanks Jim)

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We were supposed to be going but got dragged out on urgent work :cry: at the last minute so we contacted Graham and told him. We have been to Graham's about three times before and it always rained !, looks like we missed out.

Any plans to go there again SOON ?.

PS Just where is the gallery on Motorhome fun ?, I cannot find it...

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:thumb: :thumb:Hi there, Home page, left hand side on rallies and meets galleries, go to 2010 and then click on the meet you want to look at the photos of ... they are being added to all the time.

Joy

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Well that's us back from Ambleside,:cry:Had a great weekend, thanks to Barbara and Dick for being good hosts, it was great to be with old friends, and meet new ones. great to see the (pitstops) who called in for a night.

Thanks again for arranging the GEORDIE MEET Dick
See you all at Lincoln:thumb::thumb:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Thank you Dick and Barbara for a fantastic weekend, sorry we didnt get to see you before we left. and I appologise to Barbara, I apparantly called you Mary twice lol, Think i should change my name to Scatty for the next meet .....

Was great to meet every one else too, Scran , Tick etc .... you all made us so welcome .

look forward to seeing you all at Lincoln :Smile:

Leanne and Paul x

(ps... Barbara does the best carrot cake ...)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
Sounds like you all had a good time makes me feel worse for not making it.

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
Ambleside Meeting....

What a lovely time we had at the North East meet up, thanks to Dick & Barbara for everything (carrot cake went down a treat), to Scran and Rosie for leading Sasha astray, ::bigsmile:.

BIg thanks To Steve and Marilyn for showing us the short cut home :Doh::Doh:, Via a carpark :ROFLMAO: I blame the Tom Tom and not the Driver...

To all the funsters who took part in the weekend you were all lovely and hope you all had a safe journery home.. We all look forward to seeing you all again soon hopefully at Lincoln meeting.. We hope we didnt cause too much noise and chaos.. To those who couldnt make it or looking for an aire this is a fantastic location for all amenties, Highly recommended...

Photos will follow soon.....

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi everyone

It was great to meet friends old and new and a big thanks to Dick and Barbara for organising the North East Meet. We enjoyed ourselves and even the rain and hospital motorhome on the Saturday/Saturday night did not mar the event.

We got home safely and the washing is now all done and packed up ready for our next trip.

Kath & Howie:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Thanks for all who bothered to turn up for the meeting.... For any who were on the list and didn't make it, £40 in unmarked notes should be donated to Jim's Website fund. Don't worry about the site fees as I have paid all of your debts :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Sorry I couldn't get the weather quite right for all of the weekend, but it was great today for Dingray, GJH and ourselves for departure :Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Great people, great weekend and - apart from Saturday - great weather. Thanks very much to all for making it so enjoyable, especially to Dick and Barbara for the organisation and the carrot cake.

Pity we can't make Newark or Shepton Mallet. We are looking forward now to Lincoln.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back