Ambersil 49+ (1 Viewer)

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
In the Swift Manual they reccomend Ambersil 40+ as a lubricant for the door hinges and catches and states DO NOT USE WD40 can anyone give any imformation on Ambersil 40+ is it a silicon lubricant or a PTFE lubricant and as I cannot find a supplier is there another product of the same forula ? many thanks

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I simply googled Ambersil and it came up with loads of suppliers including Maplins. I'm sure you must have one of them fairly local.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
In the Swift Manual they reccomend Ambersil 40+ as a lubricant for the door hinges and catches and states DO NOT USE WD40 can anyone give any imformation on Ambersil 40+ is it a silicon lubricant or a PTFE lubricant and as I cannot find a supplier is there another product of the same forula ? many thanks

THis might do it as its silicone based

Link Removed-

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mick H

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Near Leicester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30 yrs
I've got an aerosol can of Ambersil 40+ in front of me at this moment. It doesn't say on the can, but I'm quite sure that it is a silicone based lubricant.

Can't remember where I had it from, but the address is given as ,
Ambersil Limited,
Wylds road,
Bridgewater,
Somerset,
TA6 4DD.

Tel+44 (0) 1278 424200

I used it yesterday to lubricate the internal door catches on the M/H's cupboards and overhead lockers.

Mick H.

OP
OP
L

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
Been to Brownhills to-day and was reccomended to buy Thetford Seal Lubricant which is the same if not better than Ambersil £4.50 less 20% discount £3.60 so worth a try its a silicon based lubricant also good for the toilet cassette seals :thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I have used the Thetford stuff on all manner of things, hinges & seals included & have experienced no problems with it :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Just as a note as to why some lubricants are recommended and others not.

Some solvents and oils make some plastics swell, if this were happen it could size the hinge. As an example; I have seen the rudder on a 30ft yacht size because the skipper used ordinary engine oil to lubricate the top rudder bearings. He had a real problem getting back into harbor as he effectively had no steering.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back