Amazon Prime yearly subscription available to-day for £59 (1 Viewer)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Amazon have an offer ending tonight giving one years "Prime" subscription for £59 instead of £79.

Sorry, I do not have a link. Just go to Amazon and look at 'Prime Membership'

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I think it's great, next day delivery, music, books, TV, film and there is probably more. There is also Prime day coming up which appears to have some special deals. I even got an Amazon fire tablet at a great price.
Sounds like an advert but I really like it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
It looks like I have missed out on the £59 offer, should have done it last night but wasn't sure if Prime was for me or not. Can I ask a couple of questions to those who are members please. If I am a Prime member can I download films/TV/music/books to just my laptop or tablet to use then or is it possible to then download them onto a data stick to watch or listen to later. I understand the free delivery stuff but from the website it appears to be offering all music & films in the deal, is this correct ? Thanks

OP
OP
Flamenca

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
@Madmag I believe the 'free' music and video is a streaming service unless they have changed it recently.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I love amazon prime. Free next day delivery what's not to love.

Add Prime Instant Video to that and it's even better. Their original content is top class.

There's also Prime Music as well which is as good as any of the similar services.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It looks like I have missed out on the £59 offer, should have done it last night but wasn't sure if Prime was for me or not. Can I ask a couple of questions to those who are members please. If I am a Prime member can I download films/TV/music/books to just my laptop or tablet to use then or is it possible to then download them onto a data stick to watch or listen to later. I understand the free delivery stuff but from the website it appears to be offering all music & films in the deal, is this correct ? Thanks

Prime Instant Video allows you to download selected content for viewing offline but not everything. You can watch whatever you like as often as you like online.

Prime Music allows you unlimited downloads for offline use but you have to use their app for playback.

You can select one Kindle book per month for free with Prime. Again that's selected content not everything and if you don't have a Kindle you have to use the Kindle app on a device.
If you read a lot then the separate Kindle Unlimited service might be worth a look. That costs £7.99 a month and you have access to around 650,000 books, as many and as often as you like. I've had it for a couple of years in addition to Prime and never not been able to find something to read. I've discovered a lot of new authors that I wouldn't have otherwise found and saved a bloody fortune in the process.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
@Madmag I believe the 'free' music and video is a streaming service unless they have changed it recently.
Does that mean it can only be watched "live" as in when you are connected to a decent wi-fi supply or can it be stored for later?

OP
OP
Flamenca

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Does that mean it can only be watched "live" as in when you are connected to a decent wi-fi supply or can it be stored for later?

Yes, the streaming service is for watching live via an internet service and not downloading.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes, the streaming service is for watching live via an internet service and not downloading.

Sorry I don't know whether you have or use Prime services or not but you're wrong. (y)

Prime Music offers unlimited downloads, Prime Instant Video offers limited downloads.

OP
OP
Flamenca

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry I don't know whether you have or use Prime services or not but you're wrong. (y)

Prime Music offers unlimited downloads, Prime Instant Video offers limited downloads.

Yes, I used Amazon Prime Music and Video a lot up 'till about 18 months ago but have only just renewed my membership. Things have obviously moved on :)

But @NickNic are you sure you are right. I thought that 'unlimited music' is not included with Prime but is an add-on (n)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes, I used Amazon Prime Music and Video a lot up 'till about 18 months ago but have only just renewed my membership. Things have obviously moved on :)

But @NickNic are you sure you are right. I thought that 'unlimited music' is not included with Prime but is an add-on (n)

We're both partially right. (y)

You can download with basic Prime membership but it's only selected content the same as with Instant Video. You don't have access to the full library to even stream but what you can access you can download.

Unlimited Music gives access to the complete library.

I've just checked it out with my phone to be sure and downloaded something. To be honest I haven't used it a great deal because I have free Spotify with my phone contract so tend to use that most of the time.

@Madmag Sorry, the info wasn't 100% in my previous post.

Shoeless

Free Member
May 17, 2017
Aberdaron
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenza
Exp
Since 2015
One advantage of Amazon Prime is that if one is within a ballista's stone's throw of a major city, we were camping outside Houghton Le Spring the other week, for example, then there is Amazon Prime Now.

This is a service in which they will deliver stuff within an hour or two. And, if one uses it to get the essential groceries delivered to the campsite, i.e. food and gin, then surprisingly enough it's cheaper than shopping in store!

When we come off the road and are within sodium lamp glow of a major city then we could be using this for the day to day stuff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back