Amazon firestick / Prime Video.....help needed (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Bought an Amazon 4k firestick a couple of months ago and linked it with Prime Video (2 months free then £6.99/month).

My latest credit card statement for April shows Prime Video £6.99 + Amazon Prime £7.99.

I don't need Amazon Prime, as I am an infrequent user of their service.

I have, however, been using Eurosport on the firestick and wonder whether this isn't supported on the Prime Video subscription which is why I've been automatically subcribed to Amazon Prime.

Amazon don't seem to be very forthcoming on frequently asked questions or contact details for customer queries. So, I assume I'll need to cancel my subscription to Amazon Prime (although can't remember signing up for that service) and accept that I can't access the Eurosport channel.

Amazon seem to have you caught by the nether regions whichever way you look :eek:

Any suggestions very welcome, including (if possible) a hotline address or phone number to Amazon customer services. Thanks.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
There's a hierarchy
Firestick = Freeview
Amazon Prime = added Amazon Programming
Amazon Video = Premium Programming

AFAIK if you cancel Prime, you'll only get Freeview
You can't have Video without Prime

Standard business model for subscription TV - you can't have Skysports without a basic Sky Tv package

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Prime Video IS a perk of Amazon Prime. So you get that as part of the one price that gives you Prime Delivery, some books & some music. And some other bits I don’t use. 🤔

Have you also taken out Amazon Unlimited Music or Prime Unlimited Reading things?

I’m just a regular Prime member and have what I wrote on the 1st sentence. 👍🏻

Edit: not sure how you added Eurosport. I’d need to think on how that altered things.
Not sure how you’d get stand-alone Prime Video without the other Prime perks either.

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Amazon Prime includes Amazon video is 7.99 a month, if you are watching Eurosport that’s is 6.99 a month additional hence the two bills.
Yes, that’s what the OP has done.
Their bill is for Amazon Prime AND Eurosport Player.

That looks like the cheapest way to get Eurosport channels.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
There's a hierarchy
Firestick = Freeview
Amazon Prime = added Amazon Programming
Eurosport Player = Premium Programming

AFAIK if you cancel Prime, you'll only get Freeview catch up apps
You can't have premium content without Prime

Standard business model for subscription TV - you can't have Skysports without a basic Sky Tv package
I’m quite certain there’s no elevated Prime video content you can subscribe to.
You can rent or buy some extra none-Prime video content though.

So I’ve tweaked your text to be fully accurate 😜👍🏻

edit: sorry, The top up channels like Eurosport and Discovery do appear in the Amazon Prime Video Channels subscription area. Or simply Amazon Channels.
And maybe do appear as “Prime video” on bills.
But in discussions I think my summary is easier to follow :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I didn’t notice the Eurosport player mentioned when I scanned through the article but this is a decent place to start for the none Prime video content you can subscribe to via Amazon.

OP
OP
Wagoneer
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Many thanks guys for your helpful comments and suggestions. I now understand better what's going on.

So basically, the Amazon Prime subscription includes/allows access to Prime Video content (some of which you pay extra for). In my case, I added the Eurosport channel @ £6.99 per month (this was shown on my bank statement as Prime Video).

All is now clear. At the mo I'm paying a monthly subscription for Amazon Prime so will change that to the slightly cheaper annual subscription. Thanks guys for resolving my confusion :p

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just received a newsletter from Money Saving Expert, they explain that you can get Amazon Video without the rest of Prime (no delivery, music, books etc..) for 5.99/pm, see link for details

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
You need to watch a few of the fire stick channels on YouTube namely free tech or curiosity cafe they give details of ways to watch content from non Amazon apps and sources and how to enable the stick to do much more than a bog standard one totally legal and free to do.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
totally legal and free to do.
That sounds great.
Do expand on what content is available for free AND totally legal?
I think it is totally "legal" to add any app to a media player that you want. But I have found little free media that is as good as Eurosport or Sky Cinema, et al. 🤔

Dec 14, 2020
Bingley, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120
Exp
Eurosport Player can be had for a yearly subscription of £39.99. And I think it can be added as an app on the Firestick. But there may be a few differences between Eurosport Player and Eurosport.com

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
I just use the Freeview stuff on mine plus GCN and the Eurosport apps......as well as a couple of other streaming apps..... and I also have Satellite too....yeah yeah some may say you don't need it etc....but places like Bolton Abbey have rubbish mobile signal and TV signal.... so Satellite is best for that....just covering all bases really.... whatever you do.... there is no right or wrong answer it is what works for you....safe travels everyone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back