Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,
Bought a 4k firestick in their recent sale and set it up for IPTV, my question is has anyone any recommendations for a reliable supplier of IPTV and is it recommended to get a VPN too ?
I have had 3 free trials that lasted variable lengths of time,the longest being 24 hours and the shortest 1 hour. The 1 hour was the best for layout and EPG.
The only thing I found was a bit of glitching and freezing on a couple of channels, History being the worst.
The one I'm thinking on going with is £45 or £60 including VPN for a year.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I think a little more info is needed
Where are you
Where do you what to use it
What are you wanting to watch.
At home
At home and away when we go away in the van
Everything plus MotoGP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp

Plex TV: The Best App for Every Streamer.​

Have a look at filelinked.com regular tips to get the best out of firestick

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
By iptv are you referring to the dodgy providers of films netflix ect. Or content like iplayer.
The free trials were these for the vpn Or sky with out paying for it?

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
By iptv are you referring to the dodgy providers of films netflix ect. Or content like iplayer.
The free trials were these for the vpn Or sky with out paying for it?
bigtree
Dont answer that question without a Lawyer :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
VPN only really needed if you are wanting to use the official uk tv apps like iPlayer outside the uk.

Plenty of apps available to get channels on your firestick for free - but be prepared to hunt for them and upgrade and find new ones when they get closed down, a regular thing. (and seen one this past week whose T&Cs say they can use your internet connection for other internet users, ie you have no control what others will do thjrough your ip address!! really scarey stuff!). But for a bit more reliability, yes a paid "iptv" third party one is better. But then all of these do depend on what the stability of your internet connection is like... speed is not really an issue (most "iptv" services will run on 2m download speeds), it is the stability and low "jitter" that is needed.

And some of the really cheap services may not be too good, as they gamble on the fact that not everyone subscribed to their service will access it all at once...so they dont have to pay for good decent servers and bandwidth...which could be when you notice buffering, as their service is overloaded...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back