Amazon Fire Stick/TV Problem (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2020
maldon
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
Exp
Since 2020
Has anyone had any problems with a fire stick? I had a weird thing with mine - Avtec TV - Live Digital feed from aerial showing full strength on the amp, Firestick in HDMI 1 running from on board wifi showing full strength signal - powered by mains . TV on Live TV bad pixelation - changed to HDMI and problem streaming - freezing

Totally confused turned off all devices other than stick - same. Removed the stick and TV now works fine on digital - This is beyond me but welcome any feedback from anyone else that may have had similar problems would be appreciated

Thanks

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Have you tried the firestick back in it? Often with anything digital a hard reboot can fix it, but you need to turn off at the mains or unplug any devices for a few minutes before turning every thing back on again.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Not had a similar problem on either of my Firesticks.
If you can't see the Firestick menu to do a full system restart then you'll need to try get a power free state as ChrisL mentioned.

Do you use the Fire TV app? That can get you to some menu options 🤔
That and other power options here

Mar 25, 2021
Chippenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 Welcome
Exp
Ex Tugger saw the light in 2019
Have you tried using the Firestick with the Aerial Amp switched off. It maybe interference causing the problem. I turn my Aerial Amp off when using the Firestick and have it powered from the Avtex soundbar.

OP
OP
Davej0355
Jul 17, 2020
maldon
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
Exp
Since 2020
Have you tried using the Firestick with the Aerial Amp switched off. It maybe interference causing the problem. I turn my Aerial Amp off when using the Firestick and have it powered from the Avtex soundbar.
This sounds like it could be the cause? I really can't understand otherwise why it would interfere given they are different inputs. I will try it. Thanks 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Davej0355
Jul 17, 2020
maldon
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
Exp
Since 2020
Have you tried the firestick back in it? Often with anything digital a hard reboot can fix it, but you need to turn off at the mains or unplug any devices for a few minutes before turning every thing back on again.
Not yet but will do

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I want some techy Wizz kid to pm me on how to jailbreak the 4K tv fire stick.
Mitch
What improvement will a Firestick get being jail broken?
Out of the box you can add apps to get catch up content from all the main UK channels and, with basic Amazon Prime subscription, lots of movies & box sets.
I struggle to see what media for your location you’d need to access that warrants discussing jail breaking on this forum 🤔

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Double checked, still working.
Edit, thankfully not love island at the moment👍

Mavven

Free Member
Jul 27, 2020
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I’m a newbie
You need iptv you can watch what you like
Google how to install on a fire stick

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You need iptv you can watch what you like
Google how to install on a fire stick
Yep got that. It was whilst away so that may be the problem, but was using uk SIM card and could watch bbc which is normally picking about country.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Will pop out to van and have a play.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Thanks all.
now out in the van an itv app wanted an update. Then poo’d it’s self. Then fire stick wanted to update its self. Went through all of that and am now being offered itv. So all good. Just nothing on 🙈🙈

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
What improvement will a Firestick get being jail broken?
Out of the box you can add apps to get catch up content from all the main UK channels and, with basic Amazon Prime subscription, lots of movies & box sets.
I struggle to see what media for your location you’d need to access that warrants discussing jail breaking on this forum 🤔
Don’t struggle about it any more 👍
Mitch

slowcoach65

Free Member
Jan 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
A
A couple of thoughts:

1. is the fire stick interfering with the digital TV?

2. when the fire stick indicates full strength WiFi, it is only checking the signal strength from it to the onboard router, not the internet. The signal to the router to may be excellent but you will still not be able to watch anything in the bandwidth on the internet is poor - hope that makes sense.

Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back