Am I Tooooo Big "No not my body weight" (1 Viewer)

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi All

I have just been reading a thread about “What do you wish you had been told before going on your first trip to Europe in your Moho?” and I was thinking about Aires and my Motorhome.

I am thinking of going to Europe next year.

I was wondering if my Motorhome would be a problem in a lot of the Aires in Europe, I have a 28ft Autotrail Cheyenne and with the Hydratrail it takes it to 30ft.

So this is to all who have used the Aires in Europe and can let me know if they have a similar MH to me or if they have seen the larger MHers in the Aires they have used and if you think there will be a problem in a lot of the Aires for me or am I worrying for nothing.

Best Wishes Tony

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My Frankia Platin Plus is over 29 feet and there are some places where you would manage easier with a shorter Motor-Home but I don't recall any Aire that I had to give up on, even the ones that said a Max length on in the guide books were able to take my length.

It's easy to say don't worry but I assure you after your first trip you'll wonder what on earth you were concerned about.

I'm heading outbound in late August when the kids are getting ready to return to school, hope I see you out there somewhere, you can offer me a beer and tell me what a breeze it has been.

Griff

ps just spotted you're Southampton, I'm just out in the forest not 10 miles from Southampton, come on out and chew the fat!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The ONLY place that we have found to be too short on the pitch side of things is Gravelines.. and we have the same vehicle length as you.And even on Gravelines it was not really an issue..
We no longer use that though, instead we use the one at Bray Dunes one up the road a bit..
About 10 dedicated motor home places at the end of a supermarket car park, with hook up and fresh water if needed ( 2 € a go ), grey water dump ( proper big grid type ) and toilet dump

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
We used to have a 8.4 M/H towing a car trailer took us to 12m. Providing we picked our Aires and got there at a reasonable time, never had a problem

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The ONLY place that we have found to be too short on the pitch side of things is Gravelines..

Good point, I do stay at Gravelines but like John Jaws says there are only about three slots that I can fit into if they're occupied I would have to go elsewhere, more recently I have been using Cite Europe.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think some Aires would be a bit tight, I can think of a few that we have had to breath in to get into but others would have loads of room so its luck of the draw, I bet if you post on here your intended route or even as you set off you will get loads of suggestions.

Martin

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
ps just spotted you're Southampton, I'm just out in the forest not 10 miles from Southampton, come on out and chew the fat!
Hi Popeye If you are still around tomorrow I will, which part of the forest are you in?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Quite a few of the smaller inland Aires may be a bit tight but vans seem to be getting bigger now and I have seen plenty of 8m+ vans squeezed into 7m spaces. On the odd occasion your van takes up too much room or looks out of place, you should find another aire not too far away.
All the Aires book by Vicarios books lists sites and gives an indication of pitch sizes so you shouldn't get caught out.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
we have used the aires in europe and never had a problem.
we used all the aires france and went to the ones that took longer mh.
by the way my rv is over 10 metres long

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back