Am I the only one? (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Some time ago I saw self build van conversion with a rear bed with two dog cages under it. The owners showed collies, fly ball I think.
It did restrict the amount of storage under the bed but it meant the dogs were safe en route and could be let into the van without going out side.
I have the problem with securing our dog on route. Because our motorhome is a rear lounge there are only the front seat belts to fasten him to. He dosnt mind because he can sit on his mat between the seats but we have to step over him to get in the back.
I am thinking of putting a lashing eye on to the seat frame. He isn’t a very heavy dog.
Just a thought, I have fixed a seat belt buckle (ebay) to the seat frame , using existing screw hole. Reversed it so dog is clipped behind seat . Easy to use and safe

Attachments

• CAD6CF74-F3F0-42A3-8457-3A5DE921CC98.jpeg
    CAD6CF74-F3F0-42A3-8457-3A5DE921CC98.jpeg
    861.4 KB · Views: 16
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
We had a large table which could accommodate au to 7 to 8 people but with only 2 of us removed the table and where we had a bit of seating to allow 4 travel seats I made a small table big enough for the 2 of us to fit into that space so frees up the front

View attachment 463808
Yes this is exactly what we do too. We took out the table and pooch has a bit space to herself when we are travelling and when not it makes a bit of a space generally.

Big enough for yoga? Not sure about that but I guess it wouldn't be impossible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back