am i reading this correctly (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
just comparing insurance for my car aib close to a hundred over compare the markets best but ive found this clause in terms and conditions for a comprehensive policy which seems to exclude theft?? does it read that way to every one else

Damage to your car – Section 2 What is covered  All loss and damage to your car unless it’s by fire, lightening, explosion, theft or attempted theft. We will: • pay to repair the damage or • replace what’s been lost or damaged if it’s more cost effective than repairing it; or • pay to settle your claim. New car cover  We will replace your car with a new one of the same make and model if; • your car is less than a year old and • you or your partner were the first and only owner and registered keeper and • it’s been stolen and not recovered; or the cost of repairing the car is more than 55% of the manufacturer’s latest UK list price (including taxes).

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
just comparing insurance for my car aib close to a hundred over compare the markets best but ive found this clause in terms and conditions for a comprehensive policy which seems to exclude theft?? does it read that way to every one else

Damage to your car – Section 2 What is covered  All loss and damage to your car unless it’s by fire, lightening, explosion, theft or attempted theft. We will: • pay to repair the damage or • replace what’s been lost or damaged if it’s more cost effective than repairing it; or • pay to settle your claim. New car cover  We will replace your car with a new one of the same make and model if; • your car is less than a year old and • you or your partner were the first and only owner and registered keeper and • it’s been stolen and not recovered; or the cost of repairing the car is more than 55% of the manufacturer’s latest UK list price (including taxes).

Is that from the full policy issued by the Underwriters or just from a Summary of the cover, often drafted by the Brokers?

As an insurance lawyer I would need to see the whole Underwriter's Policy document before commenting.

Geoff

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sometimes theft etc is in another section rather than all in the same one, what do the other sections say?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Sometimes theft etc is in another section rather than all in the same one, what do the other sections say?
Well that's what I'd look for, before panicking, said the retired insurance broker.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
I expect the fire and theft cover are under a different section - I.e. section 1 might be third party liability, section 2 Accidental Damage (for want of a better phrase), section 3 Fire, section 4 Theft, section 5 windscreen and so on.

Each section will probably exclude cover provided by another section of the policy.

But best way to get clarity is to call the Broker.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just had a shuftie at our car policy and it also says under section 2:
1642588358934.png
and continues on until it comes to this part:
1642588255895.png

But then in the next section says:
1642588291404.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
From what Mel@minxy posted above the difference between the two sections is that under section 3 'Fire and Theft', unlike Section 2 'Damage to the car' Section 3 does not provide the insurer with the option to 'repair the damage themselves.'

It does not affect the cover provided only one of the remedies available to rhe insurer.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back