sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
I just got this in the post.
81cef1hThcL._SX522_.jpg

The Female end won't plug into the van as the cover/flap prevents it going into the recess on the van. Do I need an adapter or do I just break off the flap on the plug? Doh!

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
What type of van is it? The flap should slide into a designed space in the van fitting. You can see the void space in the below pic where the flap goes at the top.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not being patronising, but just in case you don't know, there is normally a lever beside the plug you have to press down to release, now you have it in, don't want you to have it stuck in as well (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
Not being patronising, but just in case you don't know, there is normally a lever beside the plug you have to press down to release, now you have it in, don't want you to have it stuck in as well (y)
That bit I dod know (watched a youtube vid :))

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Glad Im not the only one! Took me a few minutes to work out how it plugged in,but didn’t want to ask on here for fear of having the xxxxripped out of me.

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
Not thick and not the only one to be confused by the various bits of kit! We were laughing last week about how complicated we found setting up and packing up when we started out. It does get easier......although mistakes still get made at rimes!

Upvote 0

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Don't worry, there is plenty more to come.

The vents you forgot to close.
The drawers you did not close/lock correctly.
The lockers you forgot to shut.
The fridge door you did not latch.
The loo door that was not shut properly.
The loose bits on the floor you forgot.

All these show up after you are committed to moving and nowhere to stop until assorted contents are on the floor!

I still keep doing it and I have a check list. Arghhhhhhhh

Enjoy, there is nothing wrong with being thick, remember nobody likes a smart, what was the word, I forget, I'm old.

Clive

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Usually we manage to leave a drawer unlocked after we've stopped for lunch and then got back on the road.

When setting off it's usually the CPAP machine drawer that gets forgotten.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It's usually the noisiest drawer in the van I leave unlocked, you got it, the cutlery drawer. Jeesh what a noise it makes :eek:

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I've been connecting EHU cables ever since they came out but I still lay them out neatly up to the bollard, only to find out then that I've got the blessed thing the wrong way round!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
It's usually the noisiest drawer in the van I leave unlocked, you got it, the cutlery drawer. Jeesh what a noise it makes :eek:
I was thinking about the cutlery drawer earlier and how to stop things in there rattling on the move.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I was thinking about the cutlery drawer earlier and how to stop things in there rattling on the move.

We use tea towels. As it happens, we collect them as souvenirs so we have plenty. Apart from that I'm not at all sure what else they're good for!

Upvote 0

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654

Yes but no but you have to pick it all back up and sort it all out into the little trays if you let it all fall out on the floor.

And for another thing, I started out with 6 teaspoons now there is only 5 where the hell did the other one go. I have taken the place apart looking for it. It better show up next week when I get back and turf everything out of here and scrub her (Helen) to death.

Clive

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Don't worry, there is plenty more to come.
The vents you forgot to close.
The drawers you did not close/lock correctly.
The lockers you forgot to shut.
The fridge door you did not latch.
The loo door that was not shut properly.
The loose bits on the floor you forgot.
All these show up after you are committed to moving and nowhere to stop until assorted contents are on the floor!
Enjoy, there is nothing wrong with being thick, remember nobody likes a smart, what was the word, I forget, I'm old. Clive

You forgot leaving the grey waste open. (y)

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Back to the OP- we spent our first ever night without EHU because we couldn't get the plug into the MH because of the cover!
I lay awake wondering what was wrong and came up with the solution that it was a design fault and the cover would have to be broken off :).

Couldn't understand why they would make them with a cover.

Felt really, really stupid when shown what to do the next morning but we are living and learning.

As I have said before, I don't really understand how a wheelbarrow works so some of the threads on here go so far above my head they are in the stratosphere. :)

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I've cut small pieces of non slip matting to line each section it does stop rattling.

Oh yes and don't forget to unplug and recoil the EHU before you drive away!( Obvious but we have done that and husband wears the t shirt!!):LOL:

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There is a big black hole in every van where things disappear into, never to be seen again lol

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Particularly when it shoots right out and the lot crashes on to the floor at the first roundabout.
It's happened twice on our present van.......doh!

Richard.
I doubt if all van drawers are constructed similarly but I have a quantity of plastic fasteners that clip the drawer fronts onto the drawers themselves, my van is a 2006 reg Hymer. Should anyone need a couple they are here for the asking.
I had to buy them in bulk as I have left the drawers unlocked soooooo many times, I once had a couple of knives join me in the cab and I hadn't even left the estate (n)

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Back to the subject of electric cables, my Grandmother was known to leave the flex of her ‘new-fangled’ hoover out on the floor before gathering it all up. The reason? “To let the trapped electricity out.” She’d obviously thought about it and, if you do too, you may agree that it wasn’t such a stupid notion!

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I've cut small pieces of non slip matting to line each section it does stop rattling.

Or longer pieces and wrap the cutlery in them.

Back to the subject of electric cables, my Grandmother was known to leave the flex of her ‘new-fangled’ hoover out on the floor before gathering it all up. The reason? “To let the trapped electricity out.” She’d obviously thought about it and, if you do too, you may agree that it wasn’t such a stupid notion!

My Grandmother had a thing about wires crossing. She was convinced that if the wire crossed itself or another wire she would be electrocuted. Since she wired her house herself (back in the 1950s I think) and used library books to show her what to do she wasn't a dullard. She must have got the crossed wires notion from a book on electronics or something - or maybe didn't get as far as the chapter on insulation.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
having bought and done up so many motorhomes and caravans over the years, I have learnt to take the drawers oust and look below and behind. assorted cutlery and random clothes etc are the usual finds

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back