Alternator not charging properly :( (1 Viewer)

Looby2411

Free Member
Sep 4, 2013
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato rollerteam
Exp
Help, I have a 2004 fiat ducato and the alternator has stopped charging the batteries fully. We have put a new alternator on but we still have the same problem, could anyone suggest what it may be and how to rectify it.
Thanks

Angus dog

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2013
Help, I have a 2004 fiat ducato and the alternator has stopped charging the batteries fully. We have put a new alternator on but we still have the same problem, could anyone suggest what it may be and how to rectify it.
Thanks
I thought I had an alternator problem a few weeks ago.Appparently this engine is notorious in that the battery connection can become loose.Have you checked that the connection is sound ?

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
Did you check the alt output before and after changing?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds like a rotten earth strap. have seen them so bad that they are barely passing a current. if fitting a new one, make sure you clean up the connecting faces first, preferably back to shiny metal

you need both the live and earth cables to be in good condition to pass full current and charge the battery. also double check the battery condition if this problems been there a while

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Would also be interesting to know WHY you think batteries are not being charged:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back