Alternator 2.5 Td Ducato Base (1999) (1 Viewer)

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Had this idea that I might take a few spares on our forthcoming adventure, including an alternator, have heard reference to a high output alternator, anyone know out of these? the ones I am seeing are 110 amp which I guess is standard?

Was also thinking of taking my towbar off for the duration of our trip, to reduce weight, is this worthwhile? Even considered leaving the other half at home so paranoid about payloads

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Had this idea that I might take a few spares on our forthcoming adventure, including an alternator, have heard reference to a high output alternator, anyone know out of these? the ones I am seeing are 110 amp which I guess is standard?

Was also thinking of taking my towbar off for the duration of our trip, to reduce weight, is this worthwhile? Even considered leaving the other half at home so paranoid about payloads
I would suggest that unless you have added a large amount of direct electrical equipment to your vehicle, far above that fitted by the manufacturer, and involving a heavy draw on your battery(s) whilst the engine is running, then forget it. Your original alternator is quite adequate. (y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Hi bhs,
The weight of the towbar will be around 60kgs if you have a fiat chassis and a large overhang, the spare alternator will weigh another 7kgs, i would suggest taking a spare diode which are readily availiable from maplins and a set of brushes which are availiable on line, this is what usually goes wrong with an alternator and only costs a couple of quid and weighs a few gramms.
Weight aboard the motorhome is more about common sense than extras fitted, do you really need all thouse tins of food they really do have shops abroad.
If you get a puncture are you going to change it yourself ?, if not leave the trolly jack and tools behind, travel with 5 litres of water for a cuppa, i have only travelled this way for many many years we only wild camp or use aires we have yet to draw a blank finding water when arriving near to our destination (i usually put €10·00 of diesel in the tank and fill the water from the garages tap).
I could go on and on, but to find a starting point for what you can take get your bus over a weigh bridge.
Cheers
Andy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back