Alternative UK number for FIAT Assist (1 Viewer)

Quantox

Free Member
Dec 20, 2020
The Lakes
Funster No
MH
V-Line 610 SE 2021
Following on from my throttle sensor issue when collecting my new V-Line 610 SE on 7th May, I today received a call from Fiat Assist (in Italy). A well spoken gent enquired (in good English) as to the outcome of the assistance request they received this morning. After appraising him of the resolution of the issue I enquired about an alternative UK phone number for Fiat Assist, as the "free" 00800 number they advertise is not enabled by some (not EE at least) mobile providers in the UK. He provided 0333 202 1873 as a direct line to Fiat Assist UK, I've not checked it yet but will do so. This may be useful for those, like me, whose mobile providers don't support the 00800 freephone provision. Cheers. Colin.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Following on from my throttle sensor issue when collecting my new V-Line 610 SE on 7th May, I today received a call from Fiat Assist (in Italy). A well spoken gent enquired (in good English) as to the outcome of the assistance request they received this morning. After appraising him of the resolution of the issue I enquired about an alternative UK phone number for Fiat Assist, as the "free" 00800 number they advertise is not enabled by some (not EE at least) mobile providers in the UK. He provided 0333 202 1873 as a direct line to Fiat Assist UK, I've not checked it yet but will do so. This may be useful for those, like me, whose mobile providers don't support the 00800 freephone provision. Cheers. Colin.
I checked the number you were given starting 0333 and that gets you directly through to RAC Commercial recovery. I asked if we could go direct to them without going through Italy and was told very clearly yes no problem.

OP
OP
Quantox

Quantox

Free Member
Dec 20, 2020
The Lakes
Funster No
MH
V-Line 610 SE 2021
I checked the number you were given starting 0333 and that gets you directly through to RAC Commercial recovery. I asked if we could go direct to them without going through Italy and was told very clearly yes no problem.
I'm not surprised as RAC is the UK partner used by FIAT. I had the same experience back in May with a slightly different number, also provided by Fiat Assist.

Colin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Quantox

Quantox

Free Member
Dec 20, 2020
The Lakes
Funster No
MH
V-Line 610 SE 2021
I'm not surprised as RAC is the UK partner used by FIAT. I had the same experience back in May with a slightly different number, also provided by Fiat Assist.

Colin
However, I should add that my experience with Fiat Assist/ RAC on 8th. May was poor. Following a conversation with Fiat Assist and then RAC my 50 mins. attendance became 4.5 hours (I was not a priority) and then a RAC local contractor attended, confirmed the fault but declined to rectify it over concerns that it may invalidate the one day old warranty. Then, after agreeing to uplift the vehicle, RAC withdrew this on the pretext that they had no route to contact Fiat Assist on a weekend to authorise it.

Subsequently, over the next couple of weeks I received further calls from "local" breakdown services to recover the vehicle, stating that they had just several minutes ago received a call to do so?

Then, yesterday, 5 weeks after the event, Fiat Assist call me to establish the outcome of the notification that they received that morning.

So, after initially being comforted by the knowledge that I have the 24/7/365 support of Fiat Assist behind me for the next few years I shall be making my own arrangements for breakdown/recovery.

Cheers
Colin

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
However, I should add that my experience with Fiat Assist/ RAC on 8th. May was poor. Following a conversation with Fiat Assist and then RAC my 50 mins. attendance became 4.5 hours (I was not a priority) and then a RAC local contractor attended, confirmed the fault but declined to rectify it over concerns that it may invalidate the one day old warranty. Then, after agreeing to uplift the vehicle, RAC withdrew this on the pretext that they had no route to contact Fiat Assist on a weekend to authorise it.

Subsequently, over the next couple of weeks I received further calls from "local" breakdown services to recover the vehicle, stating that they had just several minutes ago received a call to do so?

Then, yesterday, 5 weeks after the event, Fiat Assist call me to establish the outcome of the notification that they received that morning.

So, after initially being comforted by the knowledge that I have the 24/7/365 support of Fiat Assist behind me for the next few years I shall be making my own arrangements for breakdown/recovery.

Cheers
Colin
Unfortunately your experience is not the only one I am aware of with recovery agents working on behalf of motor manufacturers. Hopefully you are all sorted now though.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back