alternative stop other than Lucern and any Maggiore advice (1 Viewer)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thinking of heading to Italy again I have always stopped at camping Lucern I normally arrive late leave early any other ideas for stop overs please ?
Also thinking of stopping at lake Maggiore possibly lake side camp so I can paddle board and maybe rent a scooter any hints tips ideas ? Thanks

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
There`s a great free sosta at Germignaga overlooking the lake and short walk to small town. EHU available. Supermarket about 500m. Campercontact 11814. The app says 15 euro but free when I was there in May.
There is a small beach you could launch a paddleboard.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
For Lake Maggiore try camping Conca D'Oro. Its on ACSI, lovely site with own beach, would be good for paddle boarding. Close to the beautiful Stressa and the pretty little town of Mergozzo on Lake Mergozzo. We also stopped at Lucerne but found it expensive, We also stopped at a medieval town called Brig. Excellent site on a river overlooking town. We parked close to reception and got an excellent internet connection even managed to stream uk tv. Walked the 10 minute riverside walk into town. Some nice shops and lovely old buildings. Found an Aldi and topped up with provisions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back