Alternate Tracking Systems (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Toying with fitting one to the van. Its a bit bewildering out there with so many systems claiming this and that. Basically I require messages to my phone, google mapping/earth tracking and immobilization if poss.

Would some techie funster like to start a thread explaining the in's and outs, requirements and the various systems. I'm sure it would be of help to not only me but others then maybe our leader can sticky it.

Many thanks in anticipation:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's unbelievable how cheap they are on ebay.

130994397053 for example. Seems to be a full alarm as well.
Broken Link Removed

Not trivial to install but you don't have to install all features. We have a metal clad van and one problem would be where to site the aerials, maybe in a rooflight.

But I can't be bothered, the van is insured.

Of course you'll get no insurance or police benefit from DIY. Then I do wonder how much support you'd get from police on mainland Europe with a fully supported expensive tracker.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
No police support?

If someone steaks your van and your tracker had its location then call the police and tell them... Thats what tracker companies do.... With the notable exception of the tracker rf system.. Where they supply the police with recievers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
No police support?

If someone steaks your van and your tracker had its location then call the police and tell them...

Fine in theory. I just wonder what the reaction would be when you pick up your phone in Croatia.

I've just said "don't care, it's insured" but maybe I'm being stupid, if we were in Croatia it would be mighty convenient to get it back rather than walk home. I'm now confused.com.

I do have a lot of faith in FIAT's chipped key, it's not so easy to drive away. Tow or low loader, yes, but our van is hardly worth the effort.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back