Dec 15, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
Hi & welcome Mutley:hi:

I can only repeat what others have already said.....this is a great forum, someone is always around to chat to:smiley:

And as Carol has also mentioned - have a read of either thread by Ianthebuilder......similar situation to yourself.....and I'm sure it'll put a smile on your face.
Ian the builder certainly sounds like a fun character and some of his stories are hilarious.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Ian the builder certainly sounds like a fun character and some of his stories are hilarious.

whether your bonkers enough for @ianthebuilder debatable in fact unlikely:D
Ages a good match, situations similar, so you may fit rather well...just call me cupid and no I aint being the best man:imoutahere:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
On the other hand they all still lament the demise of the Wimpy Bar in the 70s.

Yes , I thought that until I stumbled across one in Maldon, Essex back in the summer !
https://www.google.es/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=wimpy+bar+,Maldon+essex

& it looked like it did in the 70's !

apparently there are 88 still about:xsurprised:

http://www.wimpy.uk.com/locator

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
used to like the wimpy on clapham common....far nicer then bloomin mac donalds!:(

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I will be in contact when I am in Portugal!!

Ages a good match, situations similar, so you may fit rather well...just call me cupid and no I aint being the best man:imoutahere:
There's a difference to feeling a bit lonely,as in not have someone to pass the time day with,with out thinking that some how a man can solve the problem,think it's a bit stupid rather than Cupid .
image.jpg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I will be in contact when I am in Portugal!!

There's a difference to feeling a bit lonely,as in not have someone to pass the time day with,with out thinking that some how a man can solve the problem,think it's a bit stupid rather than Cupid .

Calm down dear..It was not entirely serious..Oh well cant get it right all the time....

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks so much! I am on a campsite at moment which suits me for now and I will probably stay here until end of January! I have friend flying in on 7 th jan and some more a few days after they leave! It's in quarteira! Luck more than judgement how I found it but bloody relief when I did! My daughter will be here on Sunday and I have hired a car so we will tour about checking on some of the sites people have recommended! You guys are a great bunch! Thanks so much
If you have hired a car to the airport , just nip off the roundabout before departures and you will end up on faro beach , just go and have a look plenty restaurants where you can watch the planes taking off and landing over the water(y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Oh dear......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....I know Mutley has already replied but why on earth do you think either of them would want to jump straight back in?????:xblink::xeek::xdoh:

You're just an ol' romantic deep down:LOL::xwink:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh dear......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....I know Mutley has already replied but why on earth do you think either of them would want to jump straight back in?????:xblink::xeek::xdoh:

You're just an ol' romantic deep down:LOL::xwink:

Rubbish! It was a joke!:( why I linked Ian in....did not expect to get involved in a rug munching fewd though..:D like I said cant get it right all the time....

OP
OP
M

mutley 150

Free Member
Dec 15, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 months
Rubbish! It was a joke!:( why I linked Ian in....did not expect to get involved in a rug munching fewd though..:D like I said cant get it right all the time....
Feel like I have caused all this. I'm sorry if anyone has taken offence but I knew exactly where you were coming from and found it very entertaining. Still do. lol

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
IanTheBuilder does not want a relationship right now...

what he wants...

what he really, really wants...

is a visit to a beautiful orchard in the middle of a wood where he can cut down pine trees and build a small, but perfectly formed, log cabin... just for fun.

He might not realise he wants to do this but I am sure we can help discover that he does.

Obviously this activity holiday would not cost him that much as he could get a Funster discount.

JJ :xcool:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Long story but have found myself alone with a massive autotrail motorhome. Managin ok and got it from Espinho to Faro in one piece. I did slam into a toll booth with my mirror and nearly gave the bloke a heart attack but other than that we made it. I am travelling with my little bichon frise. I have decided to stay here over christmas and into January. My daughter is flying in at weekend for a few days and some friends are flying over in January. I am hoping to resolve the issues that have left me in this position but in the meantime I could do with some help and advice about places to go, things to do to keep my mind occupied. I read a lot and love the beach, Drink far too much coffee and smoke a lot when I'm stressed. I am travelling until April hopefully then returning to uk as I cater at Glastonbury Festival. I am 51 and quite shy so this is difficult for me. Taking my daughters advice though and using the link she gave me. She is determined I keep travelling as I have owned and run a small pub for 15 years and this was always my dream once I sold it.
Missed the original post but a belated welcome from the murky depths of the Duckpond. You have come to the right place for advice (some of it is even useful), support (freshly washed) and general banter (lots of it). You'll get a load of help on here. Cheers

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
IanTheBuilder does not want a relationship right now...

what he wants...

what he really, really wants...

is a visit to a beautiful orchard in the middle of a wood where he can cut down pine trees and build a small, but perfectly formed, log cabin... just for fun.

He might not realise he wants to do this but I am sure we can help discover that he does.

Obviously this activity holiday would not cost him that much as he could get a Funster discount.

JJ :xcool:

And you get a box of FB pies perchance?:)

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Have a look at Algarvemotorhomepark in Falesia. Just down the road I think. Not expensive, dog friendly and out the back is the beach. There were a few there when we were a few weeks ago. Lovely place.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Cossieg
Will be in Portugal in a few days,hope to see you both at some time, I decided that Spain,still has not changed that much,so making my way back to see if Portugal is still the place I remember and love.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back