Almeria (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
N36 48.960 W002 25.911 Turn of A7 jun 460 Playa de Almeria 10euro per night says you can promenade along the beach to Almeria 45mins or bus stop 300mts. Best I can find in aires book. Martin(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Camping Cabo De Gata takes 20 mins to drive it but you can walk but quite a distance.:party2:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The nearest one to Almeria itself is the one that says is near El Alquian. As far as I know, the bus still actually runs along the 'old' main road that goes along past Retamar, the golf course, then El Alquian then past the airport, then through La Canada, then into Almeria. I wouldn't want to walk from even La Canada, quite frankly! I strongly suspect the road from El Alquian to the aire is uphill, which is fine going to the bus, but might not be coming back. That road is one we used to go up to get to somewhere in the hills that I can't recall the name of now.

I'll ask my mate where the bus goes though - they still have a villa at Retamar. I'll ask her if the tapwater is de-salinated too now - it hadn't used to be and we always had to go in the car with containers and get fresh for drinking from the spring at the back of the haberdashers at 'El Alamo' LOL

Aguadulce is well beyond Almeria, and Almerimar well beyond that. Cabo de Gata is further beyond Retamar - and it would take hours to walk there - I bet it's a good 45 mins walk up to the main road from C de G !!

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We are staying at Cabo De Gata campsite until March . You can wildcamp in the carpark facing the beach at the end of the promenade in Cabo and further along towards the lighthouse . I have seen vans parked overnight in the carparks on the beach in Almeria center but not for long periods . I have also seen vans parked on the quiet roads down from the football stadium to the beach , We stayed at Roquetas for 2 weeks in October and i always saw wild camping on the beach between the campsite and Aquadulche
I personally think you would be better to hire a car and camp outside the city, we are paying 5.50 euros a day for a 30 day hire but somebody told me this week that they had got it down to 3 euros with Gold Car either full insurance on top or get an excess policy in the UK to cover you mine cost £40 per year with Moneysupermarket.com but i expect there are others

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back