Almeria/Murcia region, Severe weather warning for this weekend. (1 Viewer)

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
To anyone in the coastal Almeria/Murcia regions of Spain: there is A VERY severe weather warning for this coming Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday.

Very very heavy rains and extremely strong storm force winds are expected.

Spanish TV and radio stations are giving out special warnings at the moment; they tend to do that only if it's likely to be really really severe.

Best get yourselves to a sheltered location and one not at risk of sudden flooding either from the rain directly or from the runoff back down from the hills and mountains inland.

Please pass the word on to anyone you might know in that region of Spain.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Rained here overnight but OK today. Looks OK for tomorrow as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Very heavy rain and strong winds last night here in Benidorm, as usual there was flooding on LaTorreta with folks being woken up in the early hours and told to move to higher ground. Settled down today and now looking reasonable for the next few days.
Cheers
Ed

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
That forecast was a bit overkill . Sat out reading my book in the sunshine this afternoon , Los Gallardos

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
That forecast was a bit overkill . Sat out reading my book in the sunshine this afternoon , Los Gallardos
Are you in the van and staying here? http://campinglosgallardos.com/

British-owned I believe? Thinking we might spend a short time there next winter.

OP
OP
The Nomad

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years

No it wasn't.
Just watch the Spanish TV to see the many reports on all the damage done by the torrential rains and storm force winds on Saturday and into Sunday morning.
Several people seriously injured.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
No it wasn't.
Just watch the Spanish TV to see the many reports on all the damage done by the torrential rains and storm force winds on Saturday and into Sunday morning.

What parts of Spain?

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
No it wasn't.
The thread states Almeria/Murcia region . Thats where i am .

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We are in Murcia above Totana had rain Saturday night then from 10am Sunday been fine n sunny with a breeze and the odd cloud!

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Are you in the van and staying here? http://campinglosgallardos.com/

British-owned I believe? Thinking we might spend a short time there next winter.
Yes in the motorhome . It,s owned by the Jackson family and is very British , certainly a lot of full timers and Casa,s . we are having a great time playing lawn bowls most days . If it interests you uktv is available on all pitches about 53 channels through analogue tuning on your tv

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We had heavy rain on Saturday Night at a camper stop just outside Vera but it was nice enough to have a walk into Vera itself on Sunday morning and found a "Pet Blessing" procession through the town. Found a roast chicken shop about 2.30 pm, walked back and had that for lunch outside the van. Very still and warm night.
Wind got up a bit as we moved away from Vera and it is blowing a bit now at Los Escullos, Cabo de Gata, but was still nice enough to walk to the beach in shirtsleeves this afternoon..
20180129_150529-1632x1224.jpg

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Love it(y) Lovely forecast for the coming week here in southern UK. No wind no rain and nice temperatures....:cool:(y)

Well Mr B you got your rose tinted specs on?

Rain for tomorrow and Wenesday, gale force winds too.
Just a touch of jack frost before the rain tomorrow as well, I grant you though just in double figures for both days.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Just a touch of jack frost before the rain tomorrow as well, I grant you though just in double figures for both days.
Frost you say...brilliant(y) I have been waiting for a morning frost for ages. Makes clearing the garden of dogs shite so much easier...;)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Where did you get this forecast from rangi. This is how it is today(y) Lovely frost early this morning not a bit of dog shite left anywhere. It is now 1315hrs and the sun has not stopped shining today it is gorgeous tee shirt weather....:cool:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Where did you get this forecast from rangi. :cool:

From the Beeb! where else, where else can you get accurate and informative News and Weather?

I've just finished stocking our Underground Bunker with 2 years supply of food.
YES SIR! Mr B I'm ready for WW3, Armageddon, Famine, millions of job loses, House price fall (ours seems to be bucking the trend somewhat though) and the invasion of those pesky Russians ;)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
From the Beeb! where else, where else can you get accurate and informative News and Weather?
I've just finished stocking our Underground Bunker with 2 years supply of food.
YES SIR! Mr B I'm ready for WW3, Armageddon, Famine, millions of job loses, House price fall (ours seems to be bucking the trend somewhat though) and the invasion of those pesky Russians ;)
Chill rangi the days are getting longer and getting warmer before you know it the emmets will be marching again.....(y);)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back