Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
OK here goes what to stop me going for an all you can eat data plan with a mobile phone and use the smartphone as a dongle on my laptop instead of have a 3 dongle as well?

I have a 3 skypephone thats 3g and does already if wanted work as a dongle but only has little amount of DATA use a month.

Hope what i am saying makes sense as I fully understand what I have said:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Hi John

I have a Nokia 6700 on Virgin Mobile which piggybacks t -mobile with unlimited data (subject to fair use which is 1Gb per month)

If I plug the laptop into the phone I get around 0.5Mb/s download speed, if I take the sim card out and fit it into my unlocked dongle I get 3.5Mb/s download :Smile:

Been using this system when away for 18 months

Regards Charlie

p.s. Hope Bruno is recovering well :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
OK here goes what to stop me going for an all you can eat data plan with a mobile phone and use the smartphone as a dongle on my laptop instead of have a 3 dongle as well?

I have a 3 skypephone thats 3g and does already if wanted work as a dongle but only has little amount of DATA use a month.

Hope what i am saying makes sense as I fully understand what I have said:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Speed John... Speed.

I have an all you can eat smart mobile phone data package with T-Mobile and it is fine as a modem for emails and browsing Fun but when you want internet radio or to post pictures etc it is very slow...

My T-Mobile dongle is much, much faster...

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cant for the life of me understand how you can have unlimited data, yet its (fair useage) capped at 1Gb.

should be marketed as '1Gb limit with exceptions if you occasionally go over'

unlimited is exactly that....unlimited :Angry:

you hire a car with unlimited mileage, it doesnt mean you can do around 100miles per day....it means unlimited !

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
cant for the life of me understand how you can have unlimited data, yet its (fair useage) capped at 1Gb.

should be marketed as '1Gb limit with exceptions if you occasionally go over'

unlimited is exactly that....unlimited :Angry:

you hire a car with unlimited mileage, it doesnt mean you can do around 100miles per day....it means unlimited !

Agree with you on this one cannot understand as well this is a copy of Virgins fair use policy

Unlimited Mobile Internet for Pay Monthly customers with a monthly allowance: Unlimited mobile internet is subject to a fair use allowance of 1GB per month. If your usage exceeds this amount then we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the daily rate for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table. Unlimited use is within the UK and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. It doesnt include making internet phone or video calls, peer to peer file sharing, using your phone as a modem, or while you are abroad and any of these uses will be charged at the daily rate for your tariff outlined in our Tariff Table.

The price of data over the 1 Gb is a mind boggling £2.00 per Mb :Eeek:

This price is correct as one month they forgot to add my 1Gb allowance and I ended up owing them £375 for a afternoons browsing ( I got a refund for that !!) :Angry:

Regards Charlie

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I have bt internet and get 15 gb so i now know but because I am using BBC I player & ITV player eating this up so it's been suggested, got caught for an extra £5 this month for excess usage.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is the plan I am looking at and no mention of 1 GB

http://threestore.three.co.uk/TheOnePlan.aspx

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Yep thats is a good deal, you do have UNLIMITED data :thumb::thumb:

The small print says same as mine that you cannot use your mobile as a modem:winky:

Charlie

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My deal with T-Mobile IS unlimited... data wise... it too has a fair use policy but they do not charge any more for over use, nor do they cut you off... they just "throttle" you (slow you down)

JJ

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
OK been told 1gb of data monthly is a lot on a mobile.

I am getting through nearly 15gb a month on BT at home:Blush::Blush:

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Ok Here goes..

"3" have a phone plan that is called "The One Plan" and you get -

2000 Any Network Mins
5000 Text
5000 3 to 3 mins
"Unlimited Data" and this is truly Unlimited as stated on there website. I know this as i have that plan and i have downloaded last month 28gb with no charge ::bigsmile:

I also use my HTC hero as a Modem on the laptop it's called "Tethering" and some phone will allow this you need to ask in a 3 store which phones do it.

The One Plan is £25 a month....on sim only..

Hope i have helped

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back