All The Aires France (1 Viewer)

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Received my copies of the latest edition today (they had arrived a couple of days ago but only able to collect them today).

This is my first experience of this publication and my first impressions are very good. I found the introduction written in a comfortable manner, the key and maps on the inside covers easy and the separate map useful planning tools.
I looked up a couple of the Aires I had used last year and found the reports to be accurate which is inspiring.

I plan to make full use of these over the coming months while I plod round France. First impressions very good.

:france:Clive:france:

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Plan A (subject to amendment without notice):

April 25 or 26 Eurotunnel 1600 ish then Lumbres, Wizerenes, Maldegem (B), Attigny, Abreschville, Volgelsheim, Mulhouse, Cernay, Interlaken (CH), Blonay (CH), Puget-Theniérs, Draguignan, Frejus, Pont Du Gare, Elne,Villefranche de Conflent, Foix, Samatan, TDF stage, Mimizan, Dune du Pilat, Guitres, Riberac, Saint Palais sur Mer, Mortagne sur Sevre, Carnac, Brest, Saint Brieuc, Mont Saint Michel, Bayeux, Étretat, Le Crotoy, end September Eurotunnel.

That's the rough plan for now - there are some hard and fast ones in there but now I have taken early retirement and it is only me, I am just going to dordle my way round. No time pressures, no other pressures. I hope to meet other funsters on the way round. I intend to look at properties as well but I am in no rush to do anything. (I must confess that this retirement suits me down to the ground)

Plan is to do a weekly report on here and possibly a thing on YouTube with a link from here but that is all part of my learning curve.

Enjoyed your jolly to Cornwall and I am sure you will have much planned for this year.

My trip will be very flexible :france: Clive :france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Got mine on Thursday and was surprised they were A4 size, don't know why but expected A5.... first time I've bought them and I think they look well worth the money....(y)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
They are good but we refer to ours as 'some of the aires in France" There are a great many aires that do not appear in the book, but these are other sources of information, Camper Contact, Bordatlas and Pro Mobile to name but three, these care worth having on your smartphone so you don't rely on one publication.

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I have camper contact, park4night, parkings, campsites on my iPads and iPhones to complement the books - yes, I was a little surprised at their size as well.

I am looking at getting France Passion (I think it is called) as well, I saw that 2017 still unwrapped at the front of a friends camping car a couple of days ago and have heard it spoken of on here. I may have left it to late to receive before departure - I will google it in a minute.

:france:Clive:france:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Or buy the French one when u get here ! Cheaper and more like all the Aires! Easy to understand even though it is in French !!

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi Spitfire

Thanks for that, I have just been on their site and the delivery estimate means it is it a no go this time. Though, now I know I can buy it in France I will do that. I guess it will be at a Narbonne store or one of the others, yes?

Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I might bump into you. Heading back from Spain, starting Tuesday, ferry booked at Calais for the 8th May (y)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Spitfire

Thanks for that, I have just been on their site and the delivery estimate means it is it a no go this time. Though, now I know I can buy it in France I will do that. I guess it will be at a Narbonne store or one of the others, yes?

Clive
Yes any motorhome dealer has it :) And often big newspaper shops or bookshops too

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back