All the Aires France 2nd Edition...on sale! Any other must haves?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by zen navigator, May 17, 2010.

1. zen navigator

zen navigator

Ratings:
    +0
    As a France newbie, I was advised to get this book.

Top tip: 2 quid cheaper than Amazon(which incidentally is out of stock) and if you use promotion code ukmoto you get 75p off. Making it almost 3 quid cheaper http://www.vicarious-shop.com/product.php?productid=3&cat=0&page=1

I was advised to get France Passion, but not sure if I can cram it in in my 2.5 weeks or I will be going to France again this year? Maybe something for next time / 2011 as I plan to start my European MH touring alot earlier next year :thumb:

So are they any other recommendation for must have books etc?

Dave

2. Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are taking a laptop then the CAMPING CAR INFOS has a USB memory stick that as the website listing over 5000 aires in France & about 3500 in other countries with information & pictures on most of them. You can download the co-ords for free for your GPS.

3. Big Momma

Big Momma

Ratings:
    +0
    Caravan Club Europe Book (cannot remember if it is book 1 or 2) but lists lots of sites large and small. Alan Rogers camping guides is also very useful.

Website - www.france-voyage.com/en/ (This is a brilliant website) :thumb:

4. zen navigator

zen navigator

Ratings:
    +0
    The book has arrived and flicking through the Northern France, Normandy & Brittany pages to find top aires.

Any top tips :winky:

5. vwalan

vwalan Funster

Ratings:
    +5,379
    wait till you get to france .pop into a big super market you can buy th aires book for about a fiver. cheers alan.

6. zen navigator

zen navigator

Ratings:
    +0
    eh!? now you tell me!!

I presume it is not the book I bought? But another version?

7. zen navigator

zen navigator

Ratings:
    +0
    + wont it be in french!? For the man whose only phrase is 'je suis une fromage'....its gonna be a bit of show-stopper :Doh:

8. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +28,350
    Won't be a problem.. you soon learn the few words needed to understand the entries and the symbols are self explanatory.

IMO .. the French published Aires books ( there are several) can't be between, and they have ALL the Aires , over 3,000 ..

as already said, wait till you hit France and pick one up at a Hypermarket, garage or book store..

9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

Ratings:
    +5,379
    dont forget a french to english dictionary .forget phrase books .aires book is really esy to understand and using the dict .should help your understanding of the french language.
    gratuite == free . 4 or 5e is same as in english. i still use a 1999 book of aires .there are so many now you fall over them drive around and you cant miss them .
    thats if you stay off m,ways and keep to nice sleepy french n roads.
    visit every village there is usually a good place to park .ask the locals .ha ha
    learn francais tres bonne se non probleme.
    cheers alan.