All The Aires books on offer (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thought about changing ours now 2 years old but with data now being included will just stick with apps

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
D

DL42846

Deleted User
Since I have CamperContact and park4 night I never use the books.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Since I have CamperContact and park4 night I never use the books.
So this thread is of no use to you.
There are people who like on line stuff and those who like maps (me being one) and it's for those who are interested in All the Aires rather than negative responses.
Next bit deleted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Don't agree if someone thinking they might want all the aires sees a post from someone saying they prefer the apps its helpful letting them make their mind up which to get (or both). If all the threads only allowed positive views it would be pretty boring. No need to get sniffy!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
People have preferences, what one prefers doesn’t make anothers choice wrong. I use both the usual apps and “All the Aires” although I think it should be called “Some of the Aires” because it is certainly not comprehensive. We have found many Aires which appear on the various apps don’t appear in the publication.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It's not a problem if people have different views and it's actually a good positive thing but the there's one thing in saying or suggesting an alternative and another just dismissing the post.
There's posts on here, for example, that say about certain countries (France, Germany, Switzerland etc) and people giving their views on what us requested but I don't think seeing something like, 'I'm not interested in (whichever country) because I only go to (another country) or on those lines would be a positive response.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Having upgraded to a large van I do find the books good because they give you a clue about what size vans can get in. Saying that so does the satellite view on google maps when using the apps. So yes I’m belt and braces and use both.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I need a new set but won't be going away for a few months so might as well wait until the next lot are published. Is it every April?

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
Great value

I think not, there is too much time between publications, and they certainly don't list all the aires. There are much better guides at half the cost But I suppose if you can't read map coordinates when the numbers are in French then buy this british Guide :doh: Camperstop for much of Europe is good or if you want the France only the Le Guide Officiel can't be beaten you can buy in most camping shops, campsites or Amazon.fr . But be aware the map coordinate numbers and the French street names will need translating from French :rolleyes:

D

DL42846

Deleted User
So this thread is of no use to you.
There are people who like on line stuff and those who like maps (me being one) and it's for those who are interested in All the Aires rather than negative responses.
Next bit deleted
I don't consider my response a negative response. I was pointing out that there are alternatives to books if they haven't checked them out. Really don't see why your getting so up tight. I bought my books the beginning of last year and feel I wasted my money since I went app. Just trying to be helpful. You ( next bit also deleted)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I need a new set but won't be going away for a few months so might as well wait until the next lot are published. Is it every April?
Think it's more like every three years, can't come down on either side actually as we have the last alltheaires but when comparing it to park4night it's nowhere near as up to date, books ok for general looking where you are going but you need the apps to see if it is actually still there or might have moved or started charging or various details that a four year old book can come nowhere near.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I don't consider my response a negative response. I was pointing out that there are alternatives to books if they haven't checked them out. Really don't see why your getting so up tight. I bought my books the beginning of last year and feel I wasted my money since I went app. Just trying to be helpful. You ( next bit also deleted)
I appreciate your input as regards on line apps etc but possibly the negative way your original offering came over.
I've used books and apps and continue to use both but I prefer books to get ideal travelling between places as opposed to just information.
I wasn't being personal when I said next bit deleted. I'd posted it and decided it had been covered by someone else. I didn't include 'you'

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I think not, there is too much time between publications, and they certainly don't list all the aires. There are much better guides at half the cost But I suppose if you can't read map coordinates when the numbers are in French then buy this british Guide :doh: Camperstop for much of Europe is good or if you want the France only the Le Guide Officiel can't be beaten you can buy in most camping shops, campsites or Amazon.fr . But be aware the map coordinate numbers and the French street names will need translating from French :rolleyes:
IYO

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I appreciate your input as regards on line apps etc but possibly the negative way your original offering came over.
I've used books and apps and continue to use both but I prefer books to get ideal travelling between places as opposed to just information.
I wasn't being personal when I said next bit deleted. I'd posted it and decided it had been covered by someone else. I didn't include 'you'

Just goes to show how things can come across incorrectly. No offense meant and none taken here.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just goes to show how things can come across incorrectly. No offense meant and none taken here.
Absolutely non meant or taken. Unfortunately, some times, the written words don't come across as intended. I can write meaning one thing and it's received in a completely different way.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Derrr . yeah I wrote that so it's my opinion. Any other bleedin obvious observations :doh:
Plenty :xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:
maxresdefault.jpg

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Absolutely non meant or taken. Unfortunately, some times, the written words don't come across as intended. I can write meaning one thing and it's received in a completely different way.
15658820146_b659420770_o.jpg

Well my thinking was, if you own a Shiatsu you can't be a bad person as I have one also. ;)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One thing that has not been mentioned is , alltheaires is just that, Aires that may or may not still be there, if it's not in the book , basically you are stuffed, with park4night and other similar apps they also list other places you may park , campsites , lorry stops, lay-bys all sorts and most important they are free:xThumb:

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
'IF' you find yourself without any signal, the Apps are useless, having the books are great as a backup. (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
'IF' you find yourself without any signal, the Apps are useless, having the books are great as a backup. (y)
This is true, but most apps will work without a signal for a small fee.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
One thing that has not been mentioned is , alltheaires is just that, Aires that may or may not still be there, if it's not in the book , basically you are stuffed, with park4night and other similar apps they also list other places you may park , campsites , lorry stops, lay-bys all sorts and most important they are free:xThumb:
Is that the UK or Europe too please @chaser?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back