all enthusiasm gone (3 Viewers)

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Have you and photos and the registration number plus any odd marks, make it known on the net, both here and Facebook and anywhere else you can think of.
Sorry only read the first page before posting

Last edited:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry to read this, there are some right basXards around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just saw this post on FB,maybe relevant,maybe not.
24 mins · Like

James Tapper I think I may have seen this RV yesterday in Reading services heading west towards Wales (M4) I caught up with it (or a similar vehicle at least) near Bath
20 mins · Like

James Tapper I think the number plate of the vehicle I saw was not central on the bumper but offset to the right
18 mins · Edited · Like

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
24 mins · Like

James Tapper I think I may have seen this RV yesterday in Reading services heading west towards Wales (M4) I caught up with it (or a similar vehicle at least) near Bath
20 mins · Like

James Tapper I think the number plate of the vehicle I saw was not central on the bumper but offset to the right
18 mins · Edited · Like
if it is it heding for Plymouth or Weymouth

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
so sorry to hear this news .absolutely gutting.hope they catch the bas**rds and you get your RV back Dave:(
Brian and Jo

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
24 mins · Like

20 mins · Like

18 mins · Edited · Like

If it was the same one the time was

James Tapper Between 15:00-16:00 I think

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
A few more personal details would help. I notice the big rear view mirrors with support arms. I can tell it is based on an American base truck. Not sure if it is lhd or rhd. A picture of your rear would also be good, or the wife's.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
What a night Mare for you's ,we hope all turn's out OK,Regards Alf

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I think its really easy for fraudsters to get replacement V5 from DVLA...possession being 9/10ths of the law

just go and cause a stir in local police station and get press involved, watchdog, citizens advice, insurers...whatever it takes

its criminal deception...what are the police playing at!!!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If we had all gone down to the docks en mass after the post where the van was seen ... would have been interesting what the police would have said then....:rolleyes:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Maybe he's had some progress, he hasn't been on for a while now,
Let's hope so

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Sorry to hear about your predicament Dave, has the vehicle been entered on the police computer as stolen yet, cos if it hasn't and somebody does see it, we will have a hard job convincing the police it's stolen if we report it!

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
I would like to thank you all for your concern and well wishes i would also like to tell you how i feel.The RV owes us nothing as the family of 8 people have enjoyed this van i have taken the family all round europe and have many happy memories.The last 2 years of ownership did 34 miles one and 50 this year so was not used i just wanted it out of the way was paying the costs tax ins mot servicing and not using it,and sold it cheap and you all know the rest of the story,so please dont worry its not a great loss but angry with myself for falling for this scam

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
but angry with myself for falling for this scam

Don't feel too angry with yourself - these criminals know exactly what they are doing, and where they will take the vans - what happened was planned - trusting someone is the weakness (if that's the word) of normal honest folk

You can't think like them because you are not like them

They might have fooled you - but you are not a fool

What goes around comes around (sometimes)

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Shovelheadrob

Free Member
Jul 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Soon to be 5th wheeler
Exp
On & off for 20 years
Sorry to hear this, I sold a caravan on ebay a few years ago, 20 minutes after the auction ended I got a phone call asking if the payment had gone through as the caller wanted to come & collect it straight away, the payment had gone through but the caller had an Irish accent whereas the person who had won the auction did not as he had been to view it the previous weekend, I told the caller that it was nice of him to call on the off chance of finding a mug & suggested that if he wished to keep the use of his legs, I might not be the best person to try it on with! He gave me a load of abuse then put the phone down. I do wonder how many times he has tried & got away with this scam, I tried to report it to the police but the call was from a withheld number & they said there wasn't any crime committed!
I hope this one has a happy ending.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It's just having the balls to pull these scams off, many of us wouldn't have.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
they said there wasn't any crime committed!

'Reported crime' reduces - because the police tell us 'it is a civil matter'

Fraud ?.............obtaining goods by deception ?......the crooks are laughing their heads off.........police don't want to know......and it keeps crime figures down

Crooks win, police win............we lose

:doh::doh:
:swear2:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
alert customs at the welsh port and send them your van details?

this is bizarre..like I said earlier its fraud by deception..I dont get the attitude of the police. get in touch with your local MP immediately.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organ...ontact/customs-excise-and-vat-fraud-reporting

email and call with all the details. say van havs been spotted on the way to Wales. stolen by deception probably on way to Ireland

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back