Alko rear air assist, bag split, anyone else? (1 Viewer)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
We have no air pressure in right rear airbag, there is a scuff now worn through in the bag which appears to have been made by the lower airbag bracket bolted to the hub. The left rear bag also has a scuff mark in same position but not leaking.

So, has anyone else had an air bag failure on an alko rear axle? If so what was the failure?

Airbag appears to be a firestone 9000, possible part no w21-760-9000, any suggestions who stocks them?

Bags were fitted 2017, so about 20k miles.

Thanks in anticipation

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I had a failure of airbag on an Alko tag axle. I believe the original failure was caused by the vehicle standing for a long time with the air suspension deflated, causing a crease in the bag and a weakness at the crease. The manual warns against letting the vehicle stand with the system deflated, but mine had spent time in stock at a dealer's.

I then had to drive the vehicle with the bag leaking, which caused another part of the bag to rub against suspension brackets.

Once I got hold of the new parts, changing them was easy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A friend had the same on his last van, Al-Ko kit on Fiat rear axle mounting bolts had rubbed through the bellows. It was a factory fit by the converter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back