LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
My Hymer fun bus is fitted with a rear axle level controller. What exactly does it do and how does it do it? Anybody know please?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's probably got inflatable air bags above the ring springs. If there is a control in the cab it will operate an air compressor to pump them. They are usually used to raise the rear to give more ground clearance but could help a bit levelling on site I guess.

You should be able to see them above the axle.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Yes it is a type of shock absorber that ensures the vehicle is kept at a constant height by means of valves inside the shocker,
If you go to the Alko website it tells you all about them I have recently enquired about having some fitted ther was a thread running about them on here called Alko ALC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes it is a type of shock absorber that ensures the vehicle is kept at a constant height by means of valves inside the shocker,
If you go to the Alko website it tells you all about them I have recently enquired about having some fitted ther was a thread running about them on here called Alko ALC
I'm sure you're right, automatic height adjusting shock absorbers, probably not air bags as I thought.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I'm sure you're right, automatic height adjusting shock absorbers, probably nor air bags as I thought.
Yes they are usually fitted at build stage but the can be done by Alko in Germany the quoted me around ÂŁ1800 to do it and would be completed in a day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back