Alicante trams fun (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
On an aire at Campello Beach outside Alicante and we decide to go to Benidorm, so we walk down to the beach to catch the tram, one arrives and we get on, after a few stops everyone gets off?? Then the driver shouts something at us, so off we get off feeling like a pair of plonkers, apparently this one only goes to the Campello stop from Alicante. We get the next tram which takes us all the way.

Coming back we get the tram it says Alicante on the top and makes various stops on the way back until Campello, we get up and stand by the door and watch as it goes past our stop?? Then a nice Spanish lady explains with hand gestures that this tram now goes straight to Alicante where we have to get another back to our stop. Other passengers no doubt thinking English plonkers.:D

The way it works is the local trams go to every stop up to Campello then they go back to Alicante, then the Benidorm trams go to every stop from there to Benidorm and the reverse coming back.

€6.40 return each which covers A,B,C areas, ticket machines at some stations or on the trams. You will need a ticket to get through the barriers at Benidorm.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I used it for a few days to visit my wife in Villa Yoyiosa hospital when the van was in Cap Blanch. Great service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
How is the trip itself? Supposed to be nice views on it?

Yes great views in some parts of hills and the sea, a few tunnels and ravines, clean and air conditioned, good service.
Nutter got on at Benni started trying to talk to an old guy who moved to another part of the tram, then told us no problemo before continuing to talk to me in Spanish, realised we were english but that didn't stop him.:D Got off at one of the stops and waved goodbye with a smile, think he just wanted to chat to someone.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Yes great views in some parts of hills and the sea, a few tunnels and ravines, clean and air conditioned, good service.
Nutter got on at Benni started trying to talk to an old guy who moved to another part of the tram, then told us no problemo before continuing to talk to me in Spanish, realised we were english but that didn't stop him.:D Got off at one of the stops and waved goodbye with a smile, think he just wanted to chat to someone.

It wouldn't be public transport without at least one nutter I suppose.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
great little aire that do the french and dutch still fill with water and dump doen the showeres everyday when the man goes to lunch?to save 3 e

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
great little aire that do the french and dutch still fill with water and dump doen the showeres everyday when the man goes to lunch?to save 3 e

No idea I thought the dump was in the price? Its a lady who seems to run the place, a guy was about a bit, but shes seems to be here all the time up to about 7.30pm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
€6.40 return to go to Benidorm :Eeek:

Well... I guess the return section of the ticket is EXCELLENT value... :whistle:

JJ :cool:

I don't mind benni but then I can chill anywhere with a G&T.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back