Alicante & Benidorm recommendations (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We will be in the Alicante and Benidorm area for a couple of weeks at the end of this month and would be grateful for any recommendations of campsites we could stay at in the vicinity? We are happy to move from site to site (ie it doesn't have to be just one place).

Interested in visiting Alicante city and also going into Benidorm, so any locations that provide easy access to either would be appreciated, whether with a short walk or by public transport. Likewise, handy for any other local towns.

We've got a 2019 ACSI discount card, but not restricted to using their sites.

Many thanks! (y)

Mike

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Maybe join the Benidorm group.

Ask on there and see what the situation is ref sites in Beni as I know many are busy and even full.
Alicante from Beni is a nice cheap Tram ride. (y)

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Altea everytime.
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Yes Cap Blanch, southern end of Altea frontage, there is also a commercial camperstop 300m north on sea front.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
The camper stop always seems to be full. Cap Blanch is fairly full, but has a daily turn-over. If you arrive there late morning, you should be able to get a place.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
for alicante theres a camperstop at playa st juan tram into alicante from nearbyfrom memory 8 euros a night and two euros to fill and dump there are showers showers and toilets free

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
I am grateful for all the recommendations so far - many thanks!

More suggestions would still be be very welcome.

Cheers, Mike

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Camping San Antonio in Albir/Altea stayed there in December for a few of days good facilities. Lovely walk along the cliff tops to Benidorm and the bus drops you back at the gate. Ring the owner Paco speaks good English to see if there is room, plenty of space a few weeks ago.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I am on Camping Cap Blanch at moment(have been since November) if you decide to stay here ignore the sign at entrance that says completo (full) just pull in and go to reception and they will tell you which pitches are empty. If not long stay then ACSI rate is 19 euros. Very handy for Albir and Altea and bus stop close by for Benidorm.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi Mike,

We stayed at https://www.campingalmafra.es/en/services/

There is a Tram stop at the site. That takes you into Benidorm or Calpe or wherever the line goes. You can change trams at Benidorm for Alicante.

Its a good walk to Benidorm.

Its an easy cycle to Albir.

Or, if you like. Our Drive is free here in Javea and you can have water and EHU. You cant dump your waste if you have chemicals other than Green bio.

Let me know?

Trevor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mike,

We stayed at https://www.campingalmafra.es/en/services/

There is a Tram stop at the site. That takes you into Benidorm or Calpe or wherever the line goes. You can change trams at Benidorm for Alicante.

Its a good walk to Benidorm.

Its an easy cycle to Albir.

Or, if you like. Our Drive is free here in Javea and you can have water and EHU. You cant dump your waste if you have chemicals other than Green bio.

Let me know?

Trevor.
Really kind and generous offer reference your place, thanks Trev! I'll reply to your pm.

And Camping Almafra looks exactly like the sort of site we are seeking.

Much appreciated. (y)

Cheers, Mike

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Mike have a think about Murcia about 50ml from Alicante. Great Aire at IKEA all facilities plus Aldi and tram stops into town (€1.20) for some of the best tapas around.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
This is a really nice aire, Area autocaravanas Playa de San Juan, which is walking distance to a tram stop. The amazing beach is two minutes away and there is a Mercadona, which we cycled to. There are clean toilets and showers and you can get your tables and chairs out. The aire is run by a really helpful chap.

There are two others in El Campello but generally they are crowded.

Last edited:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Villajoyosa camping imperium. Restaurant and bar on site. Ten minutes walk to tram then one way to Benidorm or the other way to Alicante. 15 minute walk to Mercadona or a bit further for the seafront with bars and restaurants etc. A marina one end of beach old town the other end. (y)

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Wow, some more great suggestions - many thanks to all who have responded so far! (y)

Still open for others...

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
I'll second both Alicante Imperium at Vilajoyosa and Almafra.
Both excellent for facilities and links to transport

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
If you are going to use the Tram you buy your ticket on the Tram. We could not find one at the small station and had no idea it was actually on the Tram itself. The Tram was packed and we never saw a machine. When we got off the Tram in Alicanti we found a machine at the top of the escalator. Bought a ticket but the only one you could buy was from the start of the journey about £3.50. We should have bought a ticket on the Tram using the machine cost would have been under 2 Euro. Ticket machine also takes a card payment. These Trams are not slow and ours certainly didn't slow for the bends so hold on. They don't stop for long enough to buy a ticket while stationary.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Really appreciate the information in the last two posts - much appreciated! (y)

Cervantes

Free Member
Jan 13, 2011
Pilar de la Horadada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo time it590
Exp
Since February 2013 (but planning for 10 years!)
I can also recommend Camping Imperium in Villajoyosa and San Juan in Alicante - both top sites with great access to the towns and beaches.
If you want a feel for what the aires are like and what the approach looks like, take a look at my YouTube channel and let me know what you think.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I can also recommend Camping Imperium in Villajoyosa and San Juan in Alicante - both top sites with great access to the towns and beaches.
If you want a feel for what the aires are like and what the approach looks like, take a look at my YouTube channel and let me know what you think.

We’ve stayed there, it’s a great Aire! Your video goes on a bit, I almost gave up before we arrived! Good use of the Egmont overture by Beethoven.

Mrs QFour

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001

I think Mrs QFour is correct perhaps you should invest in some video editing software (y) . You missed the bit about having to be reasonably computer literate to get through the barrier the first time. Once you have registered it's a piece of cake getting in and out even if you leave and come back a few weeks later. If you need to empty your black waste then the guy will open the services for you without having to pay otherwise its a couple of Euro but you also get 10 minutes of water which filled the tank and we had the excess in watering cans and bottles.

Its a really nice Aire and well worth a visit. Lots of Bars and Cafes along the front and no ban on cycling.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi Mike
If you are just after a couple of days visiting Alicante then I can recommend a place on park4night.
It is only a large car park without services but close to the centre (15 mins walk). It's free and there is a restaurant (Castell) alongside. Other bars and a Mercadona close-by as well as MacDs if you are so inclined.
We have parked here for 2 or 3 nights several times. Plenty of room even when the fair was on.

21 Avenida Doctor Rico

Lat N 38 degrees 21 mins 21 secs
Long. W 0 degrees 29 mins 51 secs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back