Algarve van break in, picture of thief.. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This was reported earlier this year on the Report A Crime facility map.

General warning ..

British camper caught East European in his van at 4am whilst he was asleep, the thief is travelling all along algarve from sagres down with his wife and 2 children in a motorhome,the children are put through windows to open doors,then they steal want they can find.police called but not interested.

the member has now sent a picture of the thief with his van ..

Link Removed

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I hope the Sunday Express doesn't see that picture. They will be telling us it is the latest sighting of an unmentionable missing child now being held by Easten European Gypseys.

I hope that picture is genuine as it would be a shame for them if this was some kind of
internet wind up.

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
What's the background to the story and picture Jim? If it is genuine it should be circulated forum wide!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
What's the background to the story and picture Jim? If it is genuine it should be circulated forum wide!

Hi Neil

Crimes are reported to me via the forum PM system, I log them on the Google map and add the details as provided by the member, I have no way of validating any report or photo.

They first reported the crime earlier this year, as I understand it they are full timers and were on the Algarve for the winter .. they sent the photo today .

I have no other info other than the members screen name, but I will PM them and ask if they wish to comment on this thread..

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Hi Neil

Crimes are reported to me via the forum PM system, I log them on the Google map and add the details as provided by the member, I have no way of validating any report or photo.

They first reported the crime earlier this year, as I understand it they are full timers and were on the Algarve for the winter .. they sent the photo today .

I have no other info other than the members screen name, but I will PM them and ask if they wish to comment on this thread..

That would be good Jim, I'd certainly give it some publicity if its real :thumb:.

It would be great to be able to turn the tables on these individuals.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That would be good Jim, I'd certainly give it some publicity if its real :thumb:.

It would be great to be able to turn the tables on these individuals.

Yes indeed

I have sent a PM. asking if he can comment on the photo and give more details..

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I think I have seen that reg plate on the Algarve, there can't be that many vehicles with that kind of plate about so it sticks in my mind.

Doug...

alfie2222

Free Member
Jul 18, 2009
full time in motorhome
Funster No
MH
own conversion
Exp
40 yrs

General warning ..

British camper caught East European in his van at 4am whilst he was asleep, the thief is travelling all along algarve from sagres down with his wife and 2 children in a motorhome,the children are put through windows to open doors,then they steal want they can find.police called but not interested.

Link Removed
hi jim,having read some of your readers comments i can assure you this is not an internet windup, the photo was taken at Manta Rota 13th nov 2009 by the campers who were there at the time,the camper is being loaded onto the breakdown truck.At 4am this person broke into an english camper he disturbed the occupants who chased him back to his camper, when the thief tried to start his camper he had left it in gear and it broke the starter motor. The camper was taken to Tavira for repairs. The police were called out were not interested as the campers were wild camping, he had already broken into another camper at Tavira at 3am the same morning. When he was caught the thief smiled at the people taking the photos and spoke to them in english. The main campers he broke into were Hobbys as the windows are easy to open (no push button ) Just a note after Christmas we found that wild camping was not tolerated by the police they were fineing campers and also lots of signs were put up banning campers from entering certain places and roads. We moved onto Spain and had no problems what so ever wildcamping.

Andy

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks Andy ..

safe travels :Smile:

May 22, 2008
Funster No

General warning ..

Link Removed
Blimmy, I hope these people are really guilty as charged or someone will be in a lot of trouble if not!!!!!!!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Njebe

Free Member
May 8, 2009
Coventry
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Algarve break in

Hi all, What Andy has said is true, this is no wind up, it took place last November, I was the one who took the photopraphs.
The Motorhome which was registered in Germany, was stolen from there some while ago, the guy who was broken into was an British ex-pat who now lived in France, he was parked quite close to me, at the car park at Manta Rota.
By the way Hi Andy!!!
Regards John

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
When we arrived in Portugal early December we saw these photograaphs as the incident had just happened a couple of weeks before.

Hi Andy and John did the posser doits work lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back