Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Hi All,
Has anyone returned via Alicante, a little slower option, but what are the toll costs and is it a prettier drive than the Salamanca route. I've still got 3weeks so it's a toss up, lay in the sun here and dash home, or doodle home via eastern Spain......any and all thought appreciated.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
If you haven't tried it go via Alacante plenty of good sites to stay at.

Are you going via Santander or through France?

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are heading backwards via the eastern side so watching thread now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stephsol
Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Calais, I do have some friends in Lyons so could visit them? It's just my impression that it might be too busy over there and the tolls?

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
I left the algarve early this morning, my route was silves, beja, evora, portalegre, castelo Branco, and vilar formoso where I am on a nice little aire for two nights before scooting across Spain. Really picturesque route and hardly any traffic, great roads.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Next week is Semana Santa in Spain, busy, busy......high season rates on most sites!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Calais, I do have some friends in Lyons so could visit them? It's just my impression that it might be too busy over there and the tolls?

Wouldn't worry about tolls as you can follow the road along the South & East of Spain then on up past Barcelona and skirt Toulouse, Bordeaux etc. through France without using toll roads - takes a bit longer but still good roads

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back