Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Really depends on what sort of site you like and what you expect but

Chicken run is rustic and we really enjoyed our stay there.

They are on the motorhomefun "Andley". Andrew and Lesley, lovely people and I am sure you will have a great time there.

Hire their "Ferrrari" for a local runabout, they can give you directions to all the local places to visit.

One I have not been to but everybody has been talking about it this year is "Pedro's". Also on the motorhomefun.

It sounds great and judging by the posts this winter they also go out of their way to ensure everybody who stayed enjoyed themselves.

Hope this helps :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RogeTeri

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Our ideal location

Looking for a quiet dog friendly site and walking close from one of the beaches. Thanks for replies. Will check them out in May!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Looking for a quiet dog friendly site and walking close from one of the beaches. Thanks for replies. Will check them out in May!

Alas neither of the sites I mentioned are near the beach.

But we stayed at "http://www.campingriaformosa.com/?lang=en" in Cabanas, near Tavira.

That was around 1/2 mile from the beach, 200 yds from shops, restaurants and the local railway station. You could easily get to Faro from here by rail.

:thumb::thumb:

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Agree with MikeD. Stayed there last year nice site, great little town, nice beach, all within walking distance. Train to Faro approx 45 minutes what I recall, worth a day out.

Trevor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back